chapter -28

(JEFFS POV)
.
.
.
Everyone was waiting outside. Apo took mile home because he had to change. His whole shirt was painted in blood.

I was stiffed. I couldn't believe what i did. How could i do this to him. Everytime i was trying to pull myself together, the scenary of that night was coming in my mind when barcode begged me to stop. But I didn't because of my dumb anger.

I wanted to punish him but now i was getting punished.

"Jeff!!! Game wants to talk to you", build said coming to me. I wasn't in my right mind to talk to anyone. Neither anyone was talking to me. I know what i did was unforgivable.

"I'll talk to him later", i said calmly. I couldn't look at anyone in their eyes. Barcode was fighting for his life and all of these were because of me.

"He is worried. You already have hurt someone please don't hurt anyone else", build said pushing me to talk the call.

I took the call.

"Jeff are you alright? I was so worried. You just run away without saying anything and you also didn't receive my call. Is everything alright?", game asked. There was concern in his voice as well as a panic

"Everything is fine. Code... Barcode is in the icu. ", i said. I didn't have the courage to took his nickname anymore.

"He will be alright. Don't worry.....", game said. He was silent for a long time.

"I don't know if it's a right time to say but he came today. I tried not to talk but he pushed me so...", game said

"Game ... Can we please talk some other time? I really don't want to talk about these now. ", i said. I was suffering a lot , i couldn't take all these things.

"Ohh.. okay ", he said before cutting the call. I knew he was disappointed but this time i didn't want to focus on other things. But deep down i knew, if arun went after him , he could come here also.

"Build.... Can i ask for something?", i asked.

He nodded. "Barcode's friend... Arun. If he comes here please don't let him enter. ", i said.

He looked at me confused.

"That night, barcode saw something which was related to him. And I don't think, he would be able to take the shock. ", i said.

"If you don't mind me ask can i know what ?", he asked.

"Arun used to exploit game. There was some argument between us that night and we went to see game and arun was there. ", i said.

"Don't say anything more. I'll take care of that. ", build said before leaving me alone again.

After a while a doctor came out from the icu.

Barcodes mom and dad asked him how he was. I couldn't heard because of the distance. But I wanted to see barcode one time at least. I needed to apologize for my doing. I know i don't deserve forgiveness but still i want to let him know, I've never forget him. I just couldn't recognize him.

I looked at his parents and they finally left a sigh of relief. Looking at them i understood that barcode was finally out of danger.

I went to the doctor after he left.

"Doc ....", i called him out.

"Ohh , jeff. Why you're standing here ?? ", he asked.

"No reason...", i said trying to smile.

"Don't worry!! He is out of danger now. If God favors him then he will wake up soon. But jeff", he paused.

"My brother already told you to take good care of him, didn't he ?", he asked.