??? || Future au || Part 3

TW!
-blood
-BL
-soukoku
-slight abuse(?)

☆゚⁠.⁠*⁠・⁠。゚ angst ☆゚⁠.⁠*⁠・⁠。゚
-------------------------------
Yusaku POV

I felt horrible. I felt sick. Terrible. I felt like I had torn this family apart.

Why was I such a terrible sister?

Why did I do it?

Why didn't I stop them?

Why... Why...?

I breathed heavily. I never meant for this to happen. Dad had started yelling a while ago, and would barely let me speak. At this point I didn't even care, I was barely listening. I was on the verge of tears, even though at the same time I felt that even if I tried, I couldn't cry.

Dad suddenly lifter his hand, and threw something at me.

Did he?

No...

He threw it next to me.

Somebody was next to me.

Who?

Who was next to me?

Mom.

Mom was next to me.

Hm...?

I looked over, and saw mom calm, but his cheek was bleeding. Dad had thrown something else right after he had come out, and he had purposefully aimed next to me to not hit me, but he didn't know mom was coming.

Was it his fault?

Maybe.

Hm...

Mom looked calm, but I wasn't. I was sweating, my pupils felt like they were so small they didn't exist, I was pained. I was scared.

I was...

I was scared...?

Scared...

Of who?

Myself?

My life?

My families relationship?

My...

My own family...?

Hm...

Mom looked at me, and closed his eyes, sighing.

"Go back to your room."

He told me. I nodded, glancing at dad. He was...

Crying...?

He was crying...?

Why...?

Why...

Was he crying for me...?

For mom...?

For... For us..?

I decided that I shouldn't get involved in things that aren't my buisness, and I went back into shūji's room.

I carefully walked in to find chaike holding sleeping shūji and Sakuno in her arms. I sighed, walking over there, and I sat next to her.

"How are they...? I heard a crash..."

Chaike whispered as to not wake up shūji and Sakuno.

"Dad threw something... He's upset. Angry.... But sad, at the same time, I think... Ugh, this while thing is a complete mess and it's all my fault, isn't it?"

I groaned quietly. Chaike shook her head.

"No, it's not your fault. It's mine. If I hadn't told.... Nothing would have happened, and we would all be happy."

She mumbled.

"The heck? No, it's not your fault, chaike! If I hadn't done anything, you wouldn't have had anything to tell. It started because I was stupid and thought my friends were more important..."

There was a silence between them. It was all quiet.

Quiet...

Why was it quiet?

Dad was angry.

Why wasn't he yelling?

Is mom okay?

"Ugh... I'm so tired..."

I mumbled.

"Then go to sleep...? Besides, I doubt mom and dad will send us to school tomorrow."

She said quietly, shūji and Sakuno snoring softly in her arms.

"no... I have this itching feeling... I don't want to leave you guys all alone. I don't know why, but it feels like someone is watching us. And it's not mom or dad."

I said, a little quieter, more cautious.

"... Really...? I thought it was just me..."

She mumbled, more alert now.

Whenever me and chaike felt something wrong, something always ended up being wrong. We just had that ability. Everybody thought it was weird, but it was always quite helpful in some situations.

"Uhm... Chaike...?"

"Yeah?"

She looked back at me after looking around.

"Dad was crying... Should we not be able to hear it...?"

I mumbled. Her breath caught.

"Well... The door isn't that thin, maybe we just need to get closer... Or... Or maybe he stopped? Or they're in their room?"

She said, her voice shaking a bit.

"No, we would have heard... Dad was Infront of the coffee table, and that's basically right next to our room... And we would have heard their door open... Where are they...?"

I mumbled, taking Sakuno as chaike passed her over to me.

"It feels like we aren't alone here... But... It doesn't feel like mom or dad are here..."

She said.

"Hmm..."

......

Chaike looked down quickly.

"What's wrong?"

I mumbled, seeing the was she was staring and shūji.

"Nothing... Probably being paranoid...."

She mumbled.

...................

Are we alone...?
------------------------THE END----------------------

Words: 726
Not as long as others, but still a decent length. Also, sorry for missing last week's post! A lot of unexpected events popped up, and it kinda ruined my schedule. Anyways, hope y'all liked it! 😁