(Prologue)

"ok, kid, did you bring all the things you need?" A man asked as he drives the car, keeping his eyes on the road. "Yeah don't worry about it, mkay? I'm not 8 anymore"
A girl said as she rolled her eyes. "But you're still my special little girl" the man said with a chuckle and looked at his daughter for a split second before turning back to the road "Dad... Gross" The girl faked to throw up and both of them laughed "whatever you say kid, whatever you say" The man chuckled "hey, stop being cheesy old man" they finally reached Thier destination, they stepped out of the car and they immediately greeted by a woman.

"Ah there they are! Good to see you again Dusk, and this is your daughter?" Dusk chuckled and nod before putting a hand on his daughter's head. "Yes Evelyn, this is my daughter. Her name is Midnight" Evelyn walked towards Midnight and pinched her cheek "I'm Evelyn, darling or just call me Lennie. Me and your father are such a good friends" she released Midnight's cheek and she awkwardly laughed "say, does your name Midnight really your name or just your nickname?" Lennie asked and tilt her head "it's quite a unique name" she added

"that's her real name" Dusk replied " how old is she again?" Lennie asked " I'm 25, turning 26 in July" Midnight said with a slight smile." Well I thought you were only 18" Lennie raised a brow and Midnight deadpanned knowing the reason why Lennie thought about that "anywho, let's just go inside, ok? It's blazing hot" after a few hours Dusk was about to leave.

"Kid, are you sure about this?" Dusk asked and Midnight sighed "I think I can be fine" Dusk crossed his arms "Midnight dawn paxely, I want you to be honest with me , I want you to be comfortable and safe while I'm away. I'm not gonna lose you too" Midnight's eyes soften and sighed "I-i know dad...But I promise you that im going to be fine, but look" she pointed at her neck "I still got the necklace, so I'm going to be fine" Dusk smiled and hugged his daughter and Midnight hugged her father back.

"I love you so much kiddo, and I will stop loving you till the scientist find the end of the universe" Midnight sighed and chuckled "I know dad, and I will miss your cheesy words" Dusk smiled and break the hug "and I will miss your stubbornness" Dusk stands up and walked towards the car and took a last glance on Midnight before going in the car and drove away.

Midnight watched as Dusk leaves, she looked at the pendant with the quote saying 'once you know the value of death you will now understand the value of life'
Midnight smiled and walks in the house.