4. **Chapter Four: Forbidden Desires** Urdu: حرام خواہشات

The scene unfolds in the grand haveli of the Mirani family, where Sufian Mirani resided with his sons Siraj Mirani and Sikandar Mirani, along with his daughter Muskan Mirani.

Sufian Mirani, the patriarch of the Mirani family, was a man of practicality, calmness, and unwavering patience. His demeanor exudes a sense of composed authority, and he approaches situations with a methodical and strategic mindset.

Sufian was of moderate stature, with a strong build that reflects years of disciplined living. His features were chiseled and distinguished, conveying a sense of wisdom and experience. His eyes, deep and contemplative, betray the sharp intellect that lies beneath his calm exterior. Sufian's voice, measured and authoritative, commanded attention without the need for raised tones or overt displays of emotion.

In contrast to Sufian's calm and patient nature, his late wife embodied boldness, fierceness, and liveliness. As far as he remembered she was a force to be reckoned with, unafraid to speak her mind and stand up for what she believed in. Her presence in the haveli was always vibrant, injecting energy and passion into the family's interactions until that tragic event that destroyed the ties between the Mirani family and the Lakhanis.

 Her presence in the haveli was always vibrant, injecting energy and passion into the family's interactions until that tragic event that destroyed the ties between the Mirani family and the Lakhanis

—-------------------------------

FLASHBACK TO YEARS AGO

In a grand gathering at the Mirani haveli, preparations were underway for the marriage of Sufian Mirani to his paternal cousin Gul-Ayshe, a union that had been arranged by their families. The haveli was adorned with flowers and lights that should have echoed with the sounds of joyous celebration yet there was everything other than joy.

However, amidst the festivities, there was an underlying tension as Gul-Ayshe, the bride-to-be, was still harboring feelings for Shah Nawaz, a childhood acquaintance whom she had always admired from afar. She had grown up hearing stories of how one day she would be Shah Nawaz's bride, and the prospect of marrying Sufian instead left her conflicted and longing for what could have been.

As the evening progressed, Gul-Ayshe found herself alone with her father, Shahnawaz Mirani, who among all his childrens had always been fond of her and treated her like a shehzadi. Sensing her unease, Shahnawaz approached her with concern.

Shahnawaz Mirani: (kindly) Gul-Ayshe, meri shehzadi, why do you seem so troubled on this joyous occasion? Is something bothering you?

Gul-Ayshe: (hesitantly)Babajan, I... I don't want to marry Sufian, he is not what I want. Ever since I was little, everyone told me that one day I would be Shah Nawab's bride. Babajan I love him, please stop this marriage.

Shahnawaz Mirani: (sincerely) meri shehzadi sometimes life takes unexpected turns, Sufian is a good man, and I believe he will take care of you and make you happy.

Gul-Ayshe: (tearfully) But Babajan my heart belongs to Shah Nawab. I can't imagine being married to anyone else.

Shahnawaz Mirani: (sympathetically) My daughter, he's already got married to that city girl, there is no hope. I know it's difficult, Gul-Ayshe, but sometimes we must let go of the past and embrace the present. Sufian is waiting for you, and I know you will find happiness together.