Chapter 14

AYYEEE WE'RE BACK AT IT! Sorry for the two week hiatus, but as I mentioned before, it was very eventful. I also apologize for posting this at a later time than I usually would

Anyway, I've been looking forward to posting again, and I hope y'all enjoy!

_________________________

Lucia's entire body convulsed when she woke up as she screamed out in pure agony. She tried to move, but she was held down by restraints around her arm, legs, chest, and neck. It took a brief second before she sensed something heavy and cold against her left shoulder. It hadn't just been applied either by the sensation; it had been there for a while already. She jerked her head around as she frantically tried to see what was pressing against her shoulder, but she was held back from any sudden movements. All she could see was silhouettes of personnel within the medical division crossing the edges of her vision.

Lucia's breath was heavy and quick as she kept trying to force her way through the restraints. But just as quickly as she had started to fight against the restraints, a tranquilizer needle slipped into her neck. She tried to push herself away, but the tranquilizer was already well in effect, making her movements somewhat sluggish. And as the needle was pulled back, her brain started to feel a little dizzy, and when she tried to move her head, but it only made the dizziness worse.

Lucia felt her eyelids growing heavy after a few seconds and her breathing was already slowing down from the numbing sensation throughout her upper body. She opened her mouth and tried to shout something, just for it to come out as less than a whisper. Her jerky movements slowed down significantly within the first ten seconds after the tranquilizer needle had been injected into her neck. Her eyelids closed further as her body began to slow down as everything mixed together before fading into nothing.

_________________________

Belos watched Lucia, Felix, and Experiment Two-Five-Three-One D. Two were wide awake while the last was still unconscious from the tranquilizer used to sedate her while they finished up their operation. They were all in the same chamber Lucia had been taken into for the injection four days prior, but she was the only one held down. It was the only way they were going to get things to work.

Minutes passed by in silence. The two experiments that were awake kept glancing at one another. It was clear the orange leveled experiment was uncomfortable being in the same room with two blacks and the head of the entire facility. Belos had noticed it long before, but he hadn't said anything regarding the situation. But since the silence was painfully uncomfortable for him, he finally spoke up and said, "You don't have to worry about her. And our new black is here to help with something important. I'm going to need you to stand behind the chair and not say a word unless ordered to."

"If it wasn't clear enough in the orders, you will be copying Experiment Two-Five-Three-One D's power and using it on her," Belos added, looking at Felix as he spoke. He then gestured to Lucia as he finished his statement. "Experiment Two-Five-Three-One D will read your mind to see what you are receiving from her and then give that information to me once I give any order to do so.

Belos watched the two experiments give small nods at different intervals, and the orange quickly stepped behind the chair to not be seen. He leaned back in his seat and said to Felix, "I believe you and her have some level of acquaintanceship. With Experiment Two-Five-Three-One D hiding, you cannot tell her what is happening. I will ask her questions, you will find the answer in her mind, Two-Five-Three-One D will find the answer from yours, and then relay the information to me afterwards as a second witness. I can't let any information go unnoticed."

Felix just glanced at Lucia and nodded. Despite his collar being unlocked, he didn't bother to even try anything, and Belos simply chuckled in satisfaction as he thought, "That is the kind of person we want here. But many of them don't quite understand how being obedient and silent is the best form of cooperation. He's the best example we have right now."