Chapter 17: A Choice

Marie's POv

For a second I thought I was going to die as someone kidnapped me. However it turns out that someone turns out to be my mate.

"What are you doing" I almost scream at him as my fists keeps pounding on his back. "Jax" I call his name.

He doesn't response and speed up without even giving a single f**k to my tantrum.

It's pretty dark out here that I couldn't see anything and all I know is that we're not within the camp anymore rather somewhere private.

I hear the door open, then slam closed and before I could protest again. He open up another door.

"You wanted to f**k him" he said, making me confused. "Thinking I could let my mate f**k other people before my eyes."

"What the hell are you on about" I said furiously.

He threw me on his bed. "You were all over him and most likely having every guy's in there eye your ass" he said with venom lace in his voice but that didn't back me down.

"I was having fun" I yell back at him. "I was not going to f**k any of them." Jaxon shook his head. "Sure you weren't going to f**k him with your ass grinding against him.. And your close to kissing him" he angrily points his finger at me.

"So, what? What is your problem?"

"My problem?" he grab my wrist pulling me against him. "I'm your f**king man. Your mate. That's my problem." He whisper yell, with his face nearly kissing mine.

I shook my head no. This cannot be. Jaxon us an assh**le who has embarrassed me in front of others earlier.

"No, you're confusing me. You said that I'm your mate and then you pretend that I don't exist. You embarrass me today" I push him back, creating a space between us.

"Just fuck off and let me be with someone who isn't ashamed of me. Who doesn't treat me like shit?" I said.

Gosh I'm even more confused than anyone. Am I suppose to say that. Maybe because seeing everyone loving each other tonight made me want to yearn for him. Tears brim my eyes and before I could stop it, they fall down. At the moment I feel hurt.

"I want you" I hear him said, almost in a whisper. "And I made it very clear in the beginning"

"Then why are we like this?" I ask in defeat.

"If I remember clearly, I told you in the beginning but your actions told me otherwise" he said.

"No" I shook my head. "You said we and then we can't" I correct him. "And for your information I didn't mean it." I say and went on to admit. "I also want you."

Jaxon close his eyes, then he reach out to me. He kneel before me on the floor while I sit on the bed.

"I do want us to be together Marie but we... I can't love you openly but..."

"but you still can't" I finish it for him. He doesn't say anything afterwards. His eyes begging me for something which I don't understand. I can't be like this with him.

"Either me or whatever you're choosing" I wipe off my tears, pushing him away from me.

I ran away from his hut, with tears falling. However on my way I collide with a girl, drenched and full on sobbing. I guess it's a night of paint and of tears.

Her words were incoherent but I could make out the word "dead" leaving her mouth. I held onto her shoulders.

"What's going -

I didn't get to finish as two wolves emerge from the forest. Without a single word they lunges at us.

I instantly move into to protect myself. But they jump higher aiming for the girl behind me.

Blood splatter my face as their claws impede in her skin before they ripped her head off.

I was stunned that I couldn't move. All I could see was blood, nothing else.

"STOP" a voice boom across the field.

My eyes move to see the wolves claw pause right above me. One of the wolves sharp nail is inches away from my  right eye.

"What's going on tonight?"