Chapter 18: Killed

Marie's Pov

I stood there in shock.

My mind completely blank. My body freeze on the spot and I have no words to say at all.

Everyone was moving around while I just stood there with blood over face and my body.

I stood there for like ages, not even listening to what others trying to say to me. I think Jaxon did too but I am too shock to move not until Annadin shook me by the shoulders snapping me out of my freeze zone.

"Take her out of here Annadin" I hear Jaxon said. The I hear someone growling, "she's not getting away"

"What did she do?" deadpan Donovan and the other person whom I've never seen on campus before shook his head. "You know what she did" he growl. Donovan shook his head. "Still what did she do?" The stranger scowl at Donovan and Jaxon. "You'll see" he stomp towards me, colliding his shoulder with mine but before that I heard him whisper "watch your back."

My body shivers from his warning. I pull my arms around myself. Then I glance around taking the scene around me before my eyes settle on my mate. I couldn't read him at this moment.

"Take her back" he said to Annadin with a straight face. Annadin took my hand and lead me away from the scene.

When we reach my room, I disregard the clothes before getting inside the warm water tub.

I stayed in there for too long, trying to rub off the blood even though it's already gone. The face of the girl is still imprinted in my mind which brings fear and nightmares to me.

Annadin knock on the bathroom door, threatening me that she's going to kick the door down if I don't come out in the next minute.

I step out of the bathtub, retrieving my towel and dry myself.

I went out just in time to find Annadin about to knock down the door. "Finally, you scared me there for a minute" I nod my head, still not saying anything in return. I went and sit by the chair near the bed.

Annadin moves around me and before I ask she pull my hair in her hands. Then I hear the sound of the hair dryer.

I sat there as she dry my hair before she combs it. It reminds me of how my mom did mine whenever I feel emotional.

I could joke at this moment but my mind is stuck and all I could see is blood on my face and that innocent girl's face.

"Hey.. You're going to be okay" she said tugging me in bed.

"Thank you Nadin and I'm sorry..."I couldn't finish as I burst in tears. She hug me and I cry in her arms.

After sometimes once I calm down. Annadin left to her room. She didn't want to go but I force her to as I need time alone.

I didn't get to sleep at all. So I went by the window, taking a look outside. I can still see figures moving around in the shadows. I bet they're still investigating the scene.

I hear murmuring from our cabin stairs and outside of my room. Then I hear it clearly. What the kids are talking about.

"Can you believe that, she was in the house of..."

"It strange how she murder her mate when I saw her head over heels on him today" says another one.

Then the girls words from last night hit me "killed and dead"

What is going on in this summer moon camp. What they're not telling us?