nine | scheming

Just in time for December, a storm ran through the city of Storrs, damn near knocking out most of the power on campus. The students were back, but classes were canceled until further notice. Geno never gave a fuck about rain or shine, so the girls still had practice. Unfortunately for Azzi and Paige, one of them would be in for a not-so-happy surprise.

Azzi and Paige getting matching tattoos brought them back into the honeymoon stage of their situationship. They had vowed to be done with Ava in terms of sexual relations, though both girls weren't certain about that—especially after the hookup.

Azzi being non-confrontational knew that it wouldn't take much for her to fold for Ava again. Once Ava started asking Azzi why or if she was ignoring her, Azzi would fall back into the cycle. And for Paige, her somewhat immature approach on things told her that she wasn't ready to leave the streets alone. She took into account what Ice and KK had told her about her and Azzi not being able to work right now. She knew that tying herself down to an unofficial relationship would just be a waste of time.

"Watch where you're going!" Qadence yelled at KK, "Ow!" Caroline groaned as she and Aubrey butt heads. Geno had twelve little flashlights "illuminating" the entire gym while the girls ran back and forth across the court. Clearly it wasn't working. KK crashing into Qadence was not because of her inability to see, however. She'd done something that she now worried would start a war.

Of course, because Paige tells KK and Ice everything, she reported back to KK during thanksgiving break about she and Azzi's new matching tattoos. Paige even showed KK videos and photos from the session when KK told her that she didn't believe it. Now, KK did weigh out her options, though not throughly. She decided to tell Ava, yes, but figured that doing so would be in the best interest of the basketball team. She figured that Ava would realize how serious Paige and Azzi's bond was, and just leave them both alone. However, that's not without noting that KK did have a secondary motive: she was growing feelings... and she had no idea that these bitches had a threesome.

Anywho, KK swore her gun wasn't pink, but her feelings said otherwise. Ava had recently changed her schedule after finding out that she had an unfulfilled general class credit that could hold her back. This would land Ava in KK's economics class, giving them more time to be around one another. On top of that, Ava often texted KK to have lunch with her whenever Bria was busy, to which KK almost always said "of course."

KK got to see something close to the real Ava, the closest anybody had ever gotten. Ava admitted that she was rather insecure and a really anxious person. She told KK about some of her past wrongdoings to people and in a moment of weakness, even broke down in tears to her one time. Ava had never done that with Azzi and Paige, so she was closest with KK on an emotional level. However, KK and Ava had yet to hook up. Ava seemed to just assume that KK didn't like her in the way she had thought. KK assumed that Ava might've really been straight after all, only using Azzi and Paige for clout. 

                                       ***

"They're coming!" Bria hissed in a loud whisper, referring to the team. Ava and her now best friend stood silently, waiting. Ava had recently observed that Azzi often does all things basketball on her own. By that, I mean that she arrives at practice on her own, does individual workouts when there isn't a team practice scheduled, and usually leaves on her own, too. She's also apparently slow in picking up her things at the end of practice. Either that, or she's always talking to Geno about something.

Bria and Ava hid off into a side corridor, praying their plan worked. Not too far from them was an elevator, stuck open as the manuals were broken. But that isn't to say that the door couldn't be closed with human power, Ava and Bria tested it out.