eleven | media

Now knowing them in real life, Ava hadn't been doing much searching up of Azzi or Paige. But that was until an old friend reached out. "Are you dating Paige Bueckers?" She texted Ava. Ava squinted at her phone, sitting up in a heartbeat.

"How the hell..." Ava trailed, having been snuggled under her covers. It was 2 a.m. and Ava was on the phone with KK, but she hung up when she realized that KK had fallen asleep. The pouring rain against the window serenaded Ava as she ate blue Doritos.

"No," Ava texted back, "I know her though. Why?"

"Oh," her old friend replied, "I searched up Paige Bueckers 'cause me and my homegirl were gushing over her, and one of the searches said 'and Ava.' When I clicked it, there were edits of you and theory videos that showed off-guards of you and Paige on campus. One of the theorists claimed that you stalked Paige's entire life and then made a club to get close to her." Ava furrowed her brows.

Though she was scared to see what bad things were read about her, she knew she needed to see what her old friend was talking about. Ava searched up "Paige Bueckers and Ava" and saw the exact post that was just described to her. "Shit," Ava mumbled, opening the comments. They looked like this:

ꜱᴀʀᴀɪ ᴊᴀᴅᴇ 🌸: I don't know if this is true, but I'm in a group chat with this girl that goes to UConn that has several classes with Azzi and is pretty close to her. She said that Ava is apparently very manipulative. Azzi doesn't fall for it but Paige does :(
↳ ᴍɪɴᴅʏʏʏ 🫐: I believe it, I saw a TikTok from a girl at UConn that said that Ava barely talks to anybody that isn't on the WBB team. She's low-key stuck up, you can tell from her TikToks. She just wants clout.
ᴄᴏʟᴛᴏɴ ʀᴇʏᴇꜱ ⚾️: Mane fuck allat, Paige can get it
↳ ᴍᴀʏᴀ ᴘᴀᴘᴀʏᴀ 🥥: can men stfu... she doesn't want your kind. Like can girls ever have anything ???
ᴍʀꜱ. ʙᴜᴇᴄᴋᴇʀꜱ ❤️ (replying to ꜱᴀʀᴀɪ ᴊᴀᴅᴇ 🌸): I hope Paige reads some of these comments and listens to Azzi before it's too late... Ava will ruin our season if Paige lets her. I read in a forum that Azzi and Paige were fighting the other day cause of Ava.
ᴇᴠᴇʟʏɴ ʀᴏᴊᴏꜱ 💃🏼 (replying to ꜱᴀʀᴀɪ ᴊᴀᴅᴇ 🌸): I read a thread of UConn insiders that claimed that Ava had locked Azzi in an elevator and then texted Paige off Azzi's phone saying she (acting as Azzi) wanted to break up with Paige. If that's true then Ava's insane lol they need to jump her.
     ᴀᴍʙᴇʀ 🩰🤍 (replying to ꜱᴀʀᴀɪ ᴊᴀᴅᴇ 🌸): gonna play devils advocate here for a second but I wouldn't trust anything that Azzi or her friends say in this context of this situation. she's our princess ofc but it's about Paige, who she clearly wants. not only that but both Azzi & Paige had sexual relations with Ava allegedly. Azzi's kind of giving bitter baby momma, if this girl were so bad they wouldn't hook up with her.

Against her better judgement, Ava decided to comment on the post and clear the air. It's not like she was a famous ball player, anyway.

ᴀᴠᴀ ᴇʟɪᴢᴀʙᴇᴛʜ 💋: Nobody "stalked" anyone. Like all of you in the comments, I'm a fan of Paige 😭. I made a fan club for just her because it's easier to cater to one person in comparison to thirteen. She chose to befriend me, as did Azzi. I never approached either one. Y'all see anybody close to those girls and you think they're hunching 🤦🏽‍♀️.
      ↳ ᴀᴠᴀ ᴇʟɪᴢᴀʙᴇᴛʜ 💋: And just because I'm quiet on campus doesn't mean I'm "stuck up." I don't like getting attention and I'm not obligated to be friends with anybody. Y'all do not know me, please stop making me the antagonist because your fantasies aren't going the way you want😂😂.

It dawned on Ava that she was not as discreet as she'd thought she was, all this time. Evidently, fans were catching onto her bullshit. But beyond that? Ava was fuming as she realized that Azzi was essentially the nucleus of this information getting out. Nobody mentioned Paige's name at all. These comments were all "I share a class with Azzi," or "Azzi's close friend said." Maybe Azzi wasn't the cuddly, shy, reserved girl that she portrayed herself to be after all. Ava was finally ready to let this all go and let Paige and Azzi be, but not anymore.