episode 7

At the very same hour, Jisoo’s doorbell rang.

taehyung  had raged by like some kind of tropical storm, and Jisoo had been unable to sleep. She'd just opened a mask pack to moisturize her face.

“Who is it?”

She heard no reply. Gazing out the peephole,Jisoo's face crumpled into a grimace.

“Uh oh. I don't like the look of that.”

The moment the door latched open, the woman rushed in like a lunatic and turned her head about this way and that, her waist-length wavy hair flying about.

“Where is he?”

jisoo was picking up the long hairs from the floor. She replied quietly,

“Oh Ji-ran, are you losing hair? You’re shedding a bunch. Stop shaking your head, would you?”

“I'm asking you, where is he!”

It was very random, but it was obvious who she was looking for.

“He left about thirty minutes ago. Didn’t you see him?”

“What?”

“He didn’t even come inside. He just said a few words at the door and left. You should have kept a closer eye on him, if you were going to get yourself worked up into a frenzy like this.”

“Oh...”

“Oh. You got distracted in the car, didn't you? What were you doing while you waited? Texting someone?”

“I was reading some KakaoPage novels...”

“Oh, the ones you can read for free if you wait? Those are complete time sinks. I understand.”

Ji-ran seemed at a loss for words. Red-faced, she nodded quietly.

“Oh, what a pity. A pity indeed.”

Jisoo's ever-smiling face annoyed Ji-ran. Fuming, she pushed her large breasts forward and shouted ferociously, “Hey! Who are you? How dare you keep trying to get Taehyung’s attention!”

“I'm his personal secretary.”

“I know that! So why...!”

“He and I are not what you think we are. Relax.”

Ji-ran seemed to find the wind taken out of her sails by Jisoo's beaming, cheery face. Confounded, she tilted her head and mumbled.

“Th-then what...?”

“If what you want to know is why he won't sleep with you after a month of seeing you, and who he does sleep with, I can fill you in.”

It seemed she had a sense of shame after all. She blushed and glared; Jisoo grinned and said simply, “No one.”

“Wh-what?”

“He sleeps with no one. He always just drinks and goes home alone. Always.”

“How do you...”

Jisoo added cheerily and kindly, “I'm six years older than you, child. Let’s not be impertinent with each other at least, how does that sound? We don't know each other that well.”

Her smiling face was the gentlest imaginable, but within her lay a formidable firmness. Anger dampened by jisoo's gentle charisma, Ji-ran began to look uneasy.

“Oh... right.”

“Where was I?”

“You said he sleeps with no one.”