𝐗𝐗𝐈 |⭑𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬⭑.ೃ࿐

╔═══❖•ೋ° - °ೋ•❖═══╗
𝑫𝑨𝒀𝑳𝑰𝑮𝑯𝑻
𝐴 𝐵𝑅𝐼𝐷𝐺𝐸𝑅𝑇𝑂𝑁 𝑆𝑇𝑂𝑅𝑌
╚═══❖•ೋ° - °ೋ•❖═══╝

❴|𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄|❵
⭑𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬⭑.ೃ࿐

𝐀𝐔𝐑𝐎𝐑𝐀 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐓 𝐀 wall head down and arms clenching at her cousins coat as she waited for him to inform the rest of the family that they'll be returning home earlier

She couldn't think about anything else other than what occurred minutes before. About Simon.
One moment they were fighting and the other kissing like the world was about to end. Then Anthony came and hell broke loose.

"Oh, Aurora, you look rather unwell. Did you catch a chill in the garden?" Cressida happened to pass by noting her appearance with a hint of teasingness.

"Let's go." Her eldest cousin lead her away gripping her back.

They sat in deafening silence in the carriage, Aurora's eyes never left her lap.

She felt shameful and straightforward awful.

"I want you to know I am not angry with you," Anthony spoke. "And I do not blame you for what transpired."

"There's no need to treat me like a child, cousin." She whispered. "I'm at fault too."

"He took advantage of you. You didn't know any better. I should have protected you better, I was aware of his true nature from the start." He said harshly.

"That's still not a reason to duel him. It is illegal. You both will be arrested let alone killed." Aurora looked up at her cousin.

He seemed pissed not at her, himself, and probably Simon who he blamed for all these shenanigans.

"There must be another way." The blonde girl pleaded.

"Tell me what would you have me do? I do not take this decision lightly but this is the way things are handled amongst gentlemen... If it were to become known--"

"I could at least live with that. What I can not live with is the duke's death on my hands. And above all, yours Anthony." She told him sincerely.

"Cousin, it is more than your honor at stake. It is the rest of your family too, think about Daphne, Eloise, Francesca, and Hyacinth what about them? Who's going to protect them when the ton finds out what happened in that garden?" He said surprisingly composed.