𝐗𝐈𝐕 |⭑𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐝𝐚𝐲⭑.ೃ࿐

╔═══❖•ೋ° - °ೋ•❖═══╗
𝑫𝑨𝒀𝑳𝑰𝑮𝑯𝑻
𝐴 𝐵𝑅𝐼𝐷𝐺𝐸𝑅𝑇𝑂𝑁 𝑆𝑇𝑂𝑅𝑌
╚═══❖•ೋ° - °ೋ•❖═══╝

❴|𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍|❵
⭑𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐝𝐚𝐲⭑.ೃ࿐

𝐁𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐃𝐀𝐘 was around the corner three full days had already passed

𝐁𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐃𝐀𝐘 was around the corner three full days had already passed. Oddly so, everything surrounding Aurora seemed exceptionally... normal.

As if nothing had happened.

Not that she could ever complain about it.

On the contrary, the girl was beyond grateful for her family's normalcy, it made her forget so quickly and easily.

Colin came and informed her the day after Lady Whistledown reported the events at her scandal sheet, that Berbrooke had fled town. Supposedly for urgent business -- along with his
mother -- of course. He told her to rest assured and that Berbrooke would definitely not return to London any time sooner.

And as much as desperately Aurora wanted to grasp and settle on this relieving idea, it appeared that she had formed a rather big issue trusting those words of reassurance.
It happened more than once, every time they told her and she decided Berbrooke was not a threatening problem anymore, he somehow found a way to slide back into her life.

The talk between the two cousins changed sooner than later though.
Colin appeared eager to share his crush on Miss Marina Thompson.

She didn't know much about the girl. However, Aurora had read about her, in Whistledown’s paper, and looked to be her 'replacement' as a diamond in the earlier days of her debut.
Back then she wanted to speak to her, no bad blood of course, and it would be very easy since she was under Lady Featherington’s care. But the girl simply forgot to do so. Probably too overwhelmed by the shenanigans happening around her.

Anyway, Colin was as good as smitten with her, it was clear in his eyes when he spoke about her. That shimmer of excitement, admiration, and -- dare say -- love, didn't fail to bring a smile to Aurora's face.

She was happy for her cousin that he experienced the so-called "Love at first sight" How very engrossing.

Although in secret, Aurora was always kind of rooting for him and Penelope.
Clearly -- to her at least --  she liked him, more than a dearest friend should. And as for Colin, he was far too blinded to see. Sadly.

He told her with a slightly pained expression that Marina had fallen ill the past month and hadn't been able to fully recover since, thus why she didn’t make any appearances at social gatherings or balls this whole month.
He was very eager to see her again, all this time they only spoke through letters and nothing more.