Title: "Guardian Angel"

Buck leaned against the kitchen counter, sipping his coffee and staring at Eddie, who was pacing back and forth across the room. "Eddie, you need to calm down," Buck said, trying to keep his voice even.

"I can't calm down!" Eddie shot back, his hands clenched into fists. "You got hurt again, Buck! You can't keep doing this to me!"

"I didn't do it on purpose," Buck pointed out, feeling a familiar pang of guilt. He hated that he kept putting Eddie through this, but he couldn't change who he was. He was a first responder, and getting hurt was part of the job.

"That doesn't matter!" Eddie exclaimed, stopping his pacing and turning to face Buck. "Every time you get hurt, I think I'm going to lose you. I can't lose you, Buck."

Buck set his coffee down and walked over to Eddie, pulling him into a hug. "You're not going to lose me," he promised, holding Eddie tight. "I'm right here, and I'm not going anywhere."

Eddie clung to him, his body shaking with emotion. Buck held him, wishing there was something he could do to make this easier for Eddie. He hated that his job put so much stress on their relationship.

After a few minutes, Eddie pulled back, wiping at his eyes. "I'm sorry," he said, his voice shaky. "I just can't stand the thought of losing you."

"I know," Buck said gently, cupping Eddie's face in his hands. "And I'm sorry that I keep putting you through this. But I need you to know that I'm doing everything I can to stay safe. I promise you that."

Eddie nodded, looking up at him. "I know you are," he said. "It's just...I love you, Buck. And the thought of anything happening to you...it scares me."

"I love you too, Eddie," Buck said, leaning down to kiss him. "And I'm going to do everything in my power to make sure nothing happens to me. I promise you that."

Eddie nodded, looking up at him with tears in his eyes. "I know you will," he said. "I just...I need you to be careful, okay? I need you to come home to me every night."

"I will," Buck promised, hugging him tight. "I'll always come home to you, Eddie. I promise."