22.0

AURORA opened her front door too be met with the kitchen light on

AURORA opened her front door too be met with the kitchen light on. she instantly knew what this meant.

she slowly turned too ashtray keeping her focus on the kitchen "you should go." she spoke lowly.

ashtray furrowed his eyes at her change of plans "what?" he mumbled looking around.

but before she could answer a familiar figure of the older woman came into view. she stood with a cigarette in her hand, slowly rocking back and fourth. showing that she had been drinking.

her eyes lingered between the pair, she noticed his hand resting on her lower back. the blood that covered his other knuckle, auroras tired eyes.

she chuckled "well hello?"

ashtray furrowed his eyes and turned too aurora confused on why this woman, who he was guessing was her mum, was acting so strange.

his eyes scanned auroras face. she showed no emotion whatsoever in her face, but her frightened eyes said it all.

he quickly put the dots together and realised what was happening. the bruise that she came in the store with a couple of weeks ago, was because of her mum.

"you not gonna introduce me too your boyfriend?" she laughed as she took a slight step forward, inhaling the cigarette before exhaling.

aurora shook her head "we are leaving." she spoke just above a whisper.

hayley snickered "you just got here, don't leave so early."

aurora fell silent and her head bowed down cowardly. ashtray has never seen her act like this before, she would always stand her ground or at least make a sly comment back.

he knew you shouldn't talk back too your parents but he was expecting atleast a polite response, but instead he got silence.

hayley walked forward towards them "what's your name?" she smirked at ashtray.

"want some?" she offered him the cigarette in her hand.

aurora grabbed ashtrays hand and slightly took a step forward, pulling him behind her.

ashtray hated how she was protecting him, but he also found slight comfort in it. but he mostly felt ashamed how it wasn't the other way around.

"we are going upstairs." she told her mum quickly before pulling ashtrays hand too guide him upstairs.

her mum stumbled out of the way "that's no way too great your mother."

aurora continued to guide ashtray too her room, not muttering a single word.

once they got too her room she quickly shut the door and locked it. ashtray only just realised that aurora had a lock on her door.

aurora heard her mother yell a muffled "don't slam my fucking doors!" causing aurora too let out a huge breath that she didn't notice she had been holding.