1.13

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆

"ʸᵒᵘ ᵏⁿᵒʷ ʰᵒʷ ᵗᵒ ᵗᵃˡᵏ ᵗᵒ ᵇᵒʸˢ ʷⁱᵗʰᵒᵘᵗ ⁱⁿˢᵘˡᵗⁱⁿᵍ ᵗʰᵉᵐ"

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆

Like the past four days, Gabby woke up to a weight on her stomach, a purring furry weight on her stomach. The Cat with No Name had taken to sleeping right in the center of her body, yowling very loudly when she wouldn't let him. The ball of breathing fluff stirred, stretching out and yawning cutely as Gabby gently stroked his cheek. Callum had surprised her with him the day after her birthday, a red bow tied around his neck and she had fallen in love with the little kitten completely since then. The only thing missing was a name.

The cat wasn't the only reason she woke up in a good mood because today was a Friday, which didn't just mean that she got to see her parents but it also meant that it was the weekend tomorrow and that meant that she didn't have to wake up at six o'clock in the morning to got to school, but she could laze about in the morning before slouching to Luke's for breakfast and hot chocolate and then maybe walk over to the Dragonfly Inn and sketch by the lake or go to the library and pick out a new book. Maybe she could just stay at home and watch films. She didn't have to be productive. And also Callum said he would try and come over, between sports practice and his dad trying to get him to study, he was on a tight schedule.

Brushing her hair out of her face and clipping it back except from a few strands, she smiled at her reflection in the mirror, pleased with her appearance. The Cat with No Name was still drowsy, half asleep as he watched her carefully. He had become very clingy over the past four days and would follow her about the house. Lorelai told her that he was distraught when she went to school. She grabbed her bag and went downstairs, softly humming to herself as she put two slices of bread in the toaster, flicking through a neatly written essay she had to hand in today. Her life was going brilliantly.

"Muffin." Lorelai greeted, appearing in the kitchen, looking sleep-deprived.

"He doesn't look like a Muffin." Gabby dismissed, looking critically at the cat as she passed a cup of coffee to her older sister.

"Wilfred." Rory suggested, walking in as she packed her bag. The cat sneezed and scared himself, yowling in fright and nearly falling from his place perched on a chair. "Nevermind. Not a Wilfred."

"Maybe something like Tod. Or Zog." Gabby tried, desperately. Somehow, the kitten looked at her in disgust. "I'll ask again at school." She sighed in defeat, scratching the cat's head as he purred audibly.