41. Movies and dolls.

I'm in class with Danielle, my mind still at yesterday's uhm... toe-curling events. I can't believe that happened. I'm still flushed. But here I am, trying to focus on the lecture about something historical, probably, but my thoughts are drifting faster than a sleigh over snow.

Danielle elbows me, breaking through my reverie. "Hey, earth to Sophia! You've been staring into space for like, forever. What's up?"

I blink, realizing I've been zoning out for longer than I thought. "Oh, sorry, just... distracted," I mumble, cheeks still warm. 

Danielle raises an eyebrow, "distracted? You're flushed," she inspects. "You've done it, haven't you?" She gasps.

I shake my head, my flush working against me. "No. I just..." I look away, hesitating. This is private. Very private. But she's my best friend. We always spill with each other. 

"Tell me," she insists, her excitement bubbling under the surface. 

I blush even harder. "I gave him a... you know... down there." 

She gasps, covering her mouth. "You? Went down on him? Woah, what a world we live in."

I swat her arm playfully, trying to hide my embarrassment. "Shut up, Dani. Can we just not talk about it? Besides, it's... between me and him."

"He's changing you. I'm just saying. You never even thought about guys before him, and now? I mean... jeez."

Danielle's observation makes me squirm uncomfortably in my seat. She's not wrong, but I don't want to admit it, not even to myself. "It's not like that," I mutter defensively, shifting my focus back to the front of the classroom. He's changing me, yes. But not like that!

But Danielle isn't one to let things slide. "Come on, Sophia. You can't deny it. Ever since you started seeing him, you've been a different person. You've been at risk, you're even more emotional... I didn't even think that was possible. I know you love him and all that. But I still don't think he's good for you."

I sigh, feeling exposed under her scrutiny. "Can you please drop it? I get that you guys hate each other's guts, and that's fine though it sucks. But I'm done listening to your bickering. I'm serious Danielle. Stop!" 

She nods sympathetically, sensing my discomfort. "Okay, okay, I'll stop."

I manage a weak smile, grateful for her understanding. "Thanks."

The rest of the lecture passes in a blur as I struggle to regain my focus. Thoughts of yesterday's intimate encounter keep intruding, replaying in my mind like a broken record, playing again and again, vividly. I can't shake the memory of his touch, the way he looked at me with those intense eyes, full of desire and love.

As the class finally comes to an end, Danielle nudges me, "if you're going to do it, do it, remember protection. I don't want some mini's of him running around."

"Danielle!" 

Danielle winks playfully. "Well, now that the table is turned, might as well give you a taste of your own medicine." 

I laugh, shaking my head at her antics. "You're silly. You know that, right?" 

Danielle grins mischievously. "Guilty as charged. But hey, someone's gotta keep you on your toes."

Despite her teasing, I'm grateful for her. She's been my rock through all the ups and downs, even if she does have a knack for embarrassing me at the most inconvenient times.

We gather our things and head out of the classroom, the chatter of other students filling the hallway. And as we step out into the warm air, I take a deep breath.