44. Peace in Paris

The plane lands on the tarmac, taxing towards the destined terminal. There's a peculiar mix of relief and anticipation when you feel the wheels kiss the ground, the weight of the journey transitioning from airborne to earthly. It's like the end of one story and the start of another.

"Where are we daddy?" I ask, excitement bubbling beneath the surface. 

"Where do you think?" Daddy grins, his eyes twinkling with mischief.

I look around.... somewhere in Europe? But not Catania. It doesn't quite look like Italy as I know Italy. "Hmm... Teacups? Oh my God... France maybe? "Disneyland?!"

Daddy chuckles. "Maybe."

The terminal looms closer, and as we disembark. I can't help but bounce on my toes.

"Fucking adorable," Daddy says, ruffling my hair. 

"So, are we really going to Disneyland?" I prod, unable to contain my excitement.

Daddy winks, his smile widening. "You'll just have to wait and see."

I try to guess where we might be, but the clues are as elusive as they are exciting.

"Alright, baby, close your eyes," Daddy says, his voice filled with mischief.

I obey, my heart pounding in my chest as I wait for the big reveal. A moment later, I feel Daddy's hand on my shoulder, guiding me forward with gentle insistence.

"Okay, open them," he says, his voice barely containing his excitement.

I open my eyes and gasp in awe at the sight before me. It's not Disneyland, but it's something just as magical. We're standing in front of the Eiffel Tower, its towering silhouette cutting through the Parisian sky like a beacon of wonder.

"Paris?!" I squeal, unable to believe my luck.

Daddy grins, his eyes sparkling with delight. "Paris, baby."

I nod eagerly, grateful for the surprise, but I admit, I'm a bit saddened by the fact that it's not Disneyland. 

"Come on, let's go get something to eat," Daddy says, taking my hand in his.

We wander through the streets of Paris, the city bustling with life and energy. Everywhere I look, there's something new to discover - charming cafes with tables spilling out onto the cobblestone sidewalks, artists capturing the beauty of the city on their canvases, and the sweet scent of freshly baked pastries wafting through the air.

"What do you wanna eat? Italian? Or do you just want a happy meal?" Daddy asks, his eyes shining with excitement.

I smile guiltily, "am I rude for wanting the happy meal?"

He wraps an arm around me, pulling me close. "If you weren't a little girl, I'd say yes. But wanting a toy with your food? Not that odd to me."

"Thank you, Daddy," I say.

He smiles, pressing a kiss to my forehead as we walk. "No thanking me."

We settle on a McDonalds. Daddy orders a happy meal with juice for me and big mac menu for himself. As we wait for our food to arrive, I can't help but glance up at the sky, the clouds drifting lazily overhead.

"What are you thinking about?" Daddy asks, his gaze following mine.

"Just... the sky," I reply, a wistful tone creeping into my voice.

Daddy quirks an eyebrow. "The sky?"

I nod, a small smile tugging at my lips. "Yeah, it's just... I don't know. It's so vast and open, like anything is possible up there."