Chapter 11: Bonds... of all Kinds

=Cullen House=

Most of the family minus Jacob and Edward was gathered in the living room talking.

Es: So were you guys able to find anything in your books?

S: No, unfortunately not.

B: Since the first Chosen One and his mate didn't really live long after their baby's death there isn't anything recoded after that about them.

P: So Edward and Jake are going into this blind?

B: You usually are if you are in a normal relationship, Paul.

P: Yeah but not supernatural one's, everything is usually planned out for us.

C: Maybe they just need time away from all of this.

An: I think so too because when I got there they were flirting. Do you know how weird it is to walk in on your parents flirting with each other?

Em: Get over it, little dude. (He said coming down the stairs)

C: You look nice.

Em: Thank you.

P: Are you finally ready to go?

An: Where are you going?

Em: To the movies.

S: And Rosalie is okay with this?

Em: Yes, she's out with Alice somewhere.

B: Enjoy yourselves.

P: We will, thanks Billy.

The two of them walked to Emmett's Jeep and Paul got into the drivers' seat because he liked driving and Emmett didn't have a problem with that.

~Inside~

Es: They've gotten awfully close.

B: You know an ancient Quileute Myth was that wolves imprinted from procreation to have a family, to have that unconditional love but some also had the ability to also imprint on another but only as a friend. A friend that would always be there for you and I think that is what Paul and Emmett are.

An: But isn't Emmett like bonded to Rosalie?

C: He is in some sense.

An: But then...

B: The type of bond Emmett and Paul share is only that of friendship. A very close friendship and nothing more.

Es: But Paul and Jared are imprinted meaning he's somehow imprinted on both Emmett and Jared?

B: Yes. Two different relationships that will mean two different things to him.

-Paul and Emmett's POV-

Em: I really hope this little getaway helps mend Edward and Jake's relationship because Edward was always at his happiest when he was around Jake.

P: Mm-hm, same for Jake. He is a happy person in general but when he's around Edward, it's just elevated to another level.

Em: Those two really are the perfect pair.

P: Remembering how Jake and Edward were before all this arguing makes me wonder if Jared and I will have that level of love and happiness.

Em: You guys will, Paul. There is something special between you and Jared you just have to give it time and not be too much of you. (He smiled)

P: Yeah I hope so, now enough of this mushy business.

Em: You started it. (He laughed)

P: Ah-no, that was you.

Em: No, it wasn't.