Chapter 18: Moving House???

-Jacob and Edward's POV-

E: So are you going to tell me what this is about?

J: I thought you'd like a lovely stroll through the forest with your Husband?

E: I do but not when your mind is so heavily guarded Jake, what is going on?

J: Okay but you have to promise to keep an open mind about it.

E: Don't I always?

J: Edward. (He warned)

E: Okay, I promise to keep an open mind.

J: You better, let's sit down over here. (He said and they sat down on a fallen log)

...

J: So, Anthony and Seth came to me today and told me that they want to move in together. Seth would be staying in the extra bedroom, they just want to be together.

E: Why did they come to you, why not both of us?

J: They thought that it would be easier to convince me and then I'd talk to you.

E: My own son is afraid to talk to me. Am I that horrible?

J: No absolutely not. You're a wonderful father, son, brother and Husband okay.

E: Then why am I so unapproachable then?

J: It's not really that you're unapproachable, it's more that I'm sort of easy...

E: So I am difficult.

J: Shush. (He sad taking Edward's face into his hands and starring into his eyes) We both know that I'm more laidback than you are and that's not a bad thing at all. Anthony loves and respects us both but he came to me first because he thought that you wouldn't say no if I was on their side, it has nothing to do with fear, love.

E: I guess I just haven't caught up with the standards of this century yet.

J: Oh no, you most definitely have. You're married to a guy, that wouldn't have been possible when you were born. (He said giving Edward a kiss and letting go of his face) I know that you haven't told me your answer yet but I believe that there is a little someone that you should talk to first.

E: I love you. (He says getting up and giving Jacob a hand)

J: I love you too.

They walked back to the cottage holding hands.

J: I'll go call him, you wait out here.

(He says pushing Edward on to the porch swing that Seth, Anthony and the two of them built)

E: Okay.

...

An: What did dad say? (He asked the second he saw Jacob)

J: You need to go talk to him Anthony.

An: Is he mad, did he say no?

J: He's a little hurt that you didn't come to him yourself about this.

An: Okay, I'll go talk to him. (He says getting up and leaving his bedroom)

Se: I guess I should leave now?

J: No need, you're my best bud and my son's imprint. There will always be a place for you here.

Se: Now keep me company until your son gets back best bud.

J: It would be my honour.

Jacob joined Seth on the bed and they both laid on their backs talking.

-Edward's POV-

He sat there listening to what was going on in the house trying very hard to stay out of Seth and Anthony's minds.

An: Dad? (He said when he realised that his dad hadn't noticed him)

E: Oh sorry, come sit here next to me. So tell me about this whole moving in idea of yours.

An: Dad, you have to know that we didn't mean anything bad by not coming to you first. We just thought that you'd allow Seth to move in if mom was behind us. I love being with Seth, he makes me happy and I just want him around all the time and he wants to be around me.

E: Okay. (He smiled)

An: And we'll even talk to Mrs Clearwater alone... wait, what did you say?

E: I said okay, dear. Your papa and I just want you to be happy.

An: I am dad, I really am.

E: And that's all a parent ever wants.

An: That and their child's love right?

E: Absolutely. (He said pulling Anthony in for a hug) Now go get your papa and Seth because I think the four of us need to have a talk.

An: Okay. (He said and ran back into the house)

Edward followed him into the house and then sat down on one of the couched.

-Jacob and Edward's POV-

Jacob came to sit down next to Edward while Seth and Anthony sat down on the couch facing the married couple.

E: So, Jake and I are both fine with you moving in Seth.

Se: Thank you very much.

J: But we'll need to set a few rules.

An: Pops.

Se: No it's fine they're your parents, Anthony.

An: You're no good for me, Seth.

J: Why because he is a better person?

An: I'm a good person.

J: Ah-huh, so rules.

Edward and Jacob rattled off a short list of rules that needed to be adhered to. Then they sent them out to go tell Sue Clearwater.

E: They are going to make us old before our time.

J: Old before our... you're way past your time Mr.

E: It was a figure of speech Jacob.

J: It was a figure of speech Jacob. (He mocked)

...

Seth and Anthony went to talk to Seth's mother and to say that she wasn't happy was an understatement but she understood. She even said that she had expected it to happen a lot earlier. She only gave her permission after making them promise that they'd come visit her regular and they accepted whole heartedly. After Sue gave the go ahead, the entire family was informed of the new arrangements and they were all eager to help with the move. Edward found Alice in the kitchen while others were carrying things in and out of the cottage.

E: We need to have a word.

A: Oh do we now?

E: Yes.

A: Okay, I'm listening.

E: Why didn't you tell me that the extra room was for Seth?

A: Because it's not.

E: What?

s٧*