Drinking Solution

-Patrick's Pov-

21 days since Pete went missing.

My phone rang beside me.

I became excited, getting my hopes up, but they were immediately crushed when I saw Maddison Jones pop up on the screen.

"Did you find anything?" I said, sounding disappointed.

"Well, I spoke to Meagan, and she told me some interesting information. Would you mind if I stopped by your home later?"

"Sure."

I'll be fine. I haven't showered in three weeks, and I've only slept four hours in the past week.

...

I sat down at the kitchen table, across from Maddison.

"What did she say?" I asked, concerned.

"Well, she told me about how Pete proposed to you, and it's not how the magazines said it was. Can you tell me what happened that day?"

I never told anyone about that day ever, how would she know what happened?

"Well, I called Pete early one morning, and Meagan was at his house, and she answered his cell, because he left it there when he came to visit me. At the time I was living in Chicago. Anyway, she answered it and told me that Pete had been cheating on me with her the entire time we were dating. Of course, I believed her, and little did I know that Pete was in his way over here to propose to me." I took a deep breath before continuing.

"I went crazy. Recently, my mother had disowned me, and I thought Pete was cheating on me, and I just felt worthless. So, I was going to swallow some pills. Just as I was about to place them in my mouth, Pete busted in and stopped me."

She looked at me strangely.

"That's not what Meagan told me at all."

...

After Maddison left, Joe and Andy went to pick up some food. I probably won't eat again.

I walked into the kitchen, and passed our alcohol cabinet.

I stopped dead in my tracks. I opened the door and pulled out a bottle of vodka.

I unscrewed the lid and tipped my head back, feeling the burn in my throat.