I've Been Waiting On You For So Long

-Patrick's Pov-

The sun pushed its beams through my curtains, blinding me.

I grunted and rolled out of bed, and went to take a shower.

My first shower in twenty two days. Disgusting.

I turned the knobs and waited for the water to warm up, and slowly climbed in.

At first, the water that slid off my body was brown, and then yellow, and finally clear.

That's really disgusting.

Once I washed up, I used my towel to dry myself off, and got dressed.

My stomach growled. I walked to the kitchen and poured myself a glass of whiskey.

I drank it in one large gulp.

I grabbed a bowl and made some cinnamon toast crunch cereal, and ate that.

What do I do now?

I sat on my couch, and stared at the wall. I leaned my head back against the cushion, and stated crying.

I'm going to have to plan my husbands funeral in eight days. Eight days, and I'll be saying my final words to him.

Well not to him, because they never found his body.

Hell, we still haven't officially told the press that he's missing.

This is a fucking nightmare straight from hell.

I pull out my phone.

To: Joe
Can you and Andy come over. Don't want to be alone

From: Joe
Sure. Be there in twenty

I got up and went to the kitchen to get some water. While I was washing a cup, I heard a knock at the door. Joe and Andy are fast, or maybe time has sped up a lot.

I placed the cup on the counter, and went to answer the door.

"You guys that was record tim-"

"Pete?"

I'm hallucinating. Maybe a glass of whisky isn't the best thing to have first thing in the morning.

I reached out and touched his face. This is a very realistic hallucination.

"Patrick!" He leaped forward and tackled me to the ground.

The realization hit me.

This is Pete. He's home.

I started sobbing into his jacket.

"Shhhhh it's okay, I'm home now baby. It's okay. I love you so much." He whispered and leaned down and kissed the top of my head, causing me to cry harder.

"Where have you been?" I managed between sobs.

"We'll worry about that later."

He picked me up and carried me inside.

I buried my face into his shoulder, still crying. He sat down on the couch, still holding me, and started to cry too.

"Pete, never leave again. I don't know if I could make it. I love you so much."

"Don't worry, we always find our way back to each other."