21 - Hiring

*Sofia pov*

It's officially 2012 and after celebrating the new year and staying at home for a couple more days I opened the bookstore again.

As Chris, Sebastian, Scott and I decided right after Christmas,  we printed out flyers and hang them around the neighborhood where I have the bookstore that I'm hiring for a helper.
I hope someone contacts me soon. Right now I might not need that much of a help but as my pregnancy will progress I'll need it cause I'm often on ladders to put books back or grab them and since the doctor told me that I have to try and reduce my stress levels at a minimum another person in here sure helps, it might not seems a stressful job but trust me, we you have a bunch of kids that aren't really disciplined you tend to loose your mind a little...

It's the third day being open in 2012 and so far so many kids and young boys and girls came in with the their parents to grab a few books recommended from their teachers, but so far this morning is pretty slow.
I'm bent down behind my desk putting a couple of things away in a drawer when I hear the bell on the door going and I stand up with a bright smile on my face
"Hello, I'm Sofia how can I help you?"
"Uhm hi...I'm Samantha, I saw your flyers that you're wanting to hire someone so I came to see if I could take an appointment with you for an interview..." she says shyly
"It's nice to meet you Samantha! Sure...look if you have time we can talk now since there's no one..."
"Absolutely"
"Good, make yourself comfortable" I tell her gesturing to the couch
"Thanks"
I make my way there too and sit down next to her
"So tell me a bit about you"
"I'm 19, born and raised in Sudbury. I graduated high school last year, I'm still figuring out what I want to do with college and since I don't want to just wait and do nothing when I saw your flyer I decided to come here immediately. Uhm...I love to read especially fantasy books and I'm also good with kids, I know lots of school kids come here"
"Do you have another job already, just to know your hours"
"I did until before Christmas, I worked in a cafe but I quit cause they didn't treat me correctly..."
"I'm sorry to hear that" I say putting my hand on her shoulder and squeezing lightly
"Thanks...so I'm free all day, on Saturday I tend to go to the gym from 3 to 5pm, but I can change it..."
"Oh no it's not a problem. The hours are from 9am to 12.30 and from 3pm to 6.30pm from Monday to Friday and on Saturday I close at 12.30"
"That's perfect"

We then moved on to discuss her pay, she's the first person showing up and she seems such a good kid, she gave me her phone number and her parents too.
I showed her around the store in between clients and she was paying so much attention to every detail.
"There's just one more thing you need to know and do if you apply to this job"
"What is it?"
"You're gonna have to sign a NDA"
"A non disclosure agreement?"
"Yes, I'm married to a celebrity and so far no one knows, only our families and closest friends. We're not sure when to tell the world but since you'll see him here sometimes..."
"It's not a problem, your secret is fine with me"
"Good, and if your family wants to know about this they'll have to sign one as well"
"Of course" she says smiling
"Do you mind signing it now?"
"Absolutely not"
"Thank you!"

I give her the papers and I know the exact moment when she reads who my husband is
"Chris Evans is your husband..."
"Yup..." I say chuckling
"I mean I knew Sebastian Stan was your brother and y'all grew up together but..."
"I know, that's what everyone thinks..."
"Well good for you!" She says and we both break out in a fit of giggles "I'm a marvel fan, but don't worry I'm a very collected person" she says wanting to reassure me and I smile at her
"Thank you for trusting me" she adds
"You seem a sweet and cool kid" I tell her

Since she had nothing to do we decided that she could stay with me for the remaining of the morning so she could start to see how things go around here.
It's 12.27 when the bell goes off again while me and her were chatting starting to close up, and today is Saturday so I get to go home as well.
"Well good morning ladies..." a voice that belongs to my brother says
"Hello Sebby" I say before turning around and seeing Chris too "oh hi baby" I say and both his and Sebastian's eyes go big
"Uhm..." Chris says
"Don't worry, she's Samantha and she's gonna start working on Monday. She knows about us and has just signed an NDA"
"Oh...ok...in that case it's very nice to meet you Samantha!" He says extending his hand to her
"My pleasure Mr Evans"
"Chris please..."
"And I'm Sebastian"
"Nice to meet you too!" She says shaking his hand too "oh and by the way I mostly for as Sam..."
"Alright then Sam..." I say smiling
"What do you girls say about lunch?" Sebastian asks
"Sure...where?"
"I've ordered some chick-fil-a, we just gotta grab it, what do you say Sam?"
"Are...are you sure?"
"Of course!" Chris says "that's is if you want to"
"It would be nice, thank you" she says smiling
"What would you like?" Seb asks her and Sam proceeds to tell him her order but insists to pay and when Sebastian says it's ok she threatens to not take the job if she can't pay for her own lunch, making me chuckle, and when it get to that Sebastian let her.

Over lunch at Sebastian's house we talked more with Sam asking about her hobbies and other things, knowing more about her. She truly seems like a nice caring kid.
After lunch Chris and I offered to drive her home, also having a chance to meet both her parents who immediately told us they'll sign the NDA if we had another copy with us. You can clearly see that Sam was brought il up by two well mannered people.
After saying goodbye and telling her I'll email her the contract as soon as I can Chris and I drove home.

"Oh I'm tired..." I say plopping down on the couch after getting in comfy clothes
"Peanut is draining your energies?" Chris asks sitting next to me and pulling me closer to his warm body
"Yeah..." I sigh "to be honest I don't know how much I can keep this from Sam especially in the mornings"
"It's alright baby, you tell her when you need to ok?"
"Yeah"
"Why don't you take a nap? I'll wake you up in a couple of hours ok?"
"That sounds nice..."I mumble in his chest
"Rest well my love" it's the last thing I hear before falling into a deep sleep safely in his arms...