(Vol 1)Insults

Aura. Aura is the protective essence of the soul. Every living thing with a soul has an aura, but that does not mean that one is able to use it as they please. This is for two main reasons. One, Aura is very limited in its capabilities, only ever really being used to protect the body. Secondly, it needs to be unlocked by someone with aura first.

There's been quite a handful of research done into aura, to realize its full potential. It negates damage from the body, being a person's shield. However, it is not infinite, and the amount and strength vary from person to person. You can have a small amount, and that's permanent. Or you can have a large amount, and that's still permanent.

You can't change the amount of Aura you have, no matter what. Because Aura is the Soul Incarnate. At least that's what everyone's decided to come to a general consensus on. And for hunters and huntresses, aura alongside their weapon and semblance will be their most valuable tool to have at their sides. But, of course, as it dwindles, you need to decide whether or not you should defend or attack.

Strategy is, without a doubt, one of the most important things any decent huntsman needs to have. Thankfully, any huntsman can gauge their aura with their scroll, but with practice and training, you can gauge it without the need for a scroll.

And the person who could currently benefit most from checking their scroll to gauge their aura, was Jaune Arc. Only really because he was getting his ass handed to him front and back by Cardin Winchester, leader of Team CRDL.

After a few minutes of fighting, or more accurately, Jaune getting beat up by Cardin, Jaune now lays on his back, arms holding his stomach after getting a brutal knee to it

After a few minutes of fighting, or more accurately, Jaune getting beat up by Cardin, Jaune now lays on his back, arms holding his stomach after getting a brutal knee to it. Cardin raises his weapon, The Executioner, a large black mace, and goes to strike Jaune.

Before he's able to, however, a buzzer goes off, and the lights turn on, showing two images of Cardin and Jaune

Before he's able to, however, a buzzer goes off, and the lights turn on, showing two images of Cardin and Jaune. Cardin on the left, Jaune on the right, with both images displaying the two current aura levels. Jaune is deep in the red, whilst Cardins isn't even touched. As Glynda talks, Cardin walks away from Jaune, going to the opposite side of the stage where he stood, hands resting on the butt of his mace's handle.

Glynda: That's enough. Students, as you can see, Mr. Arc's aura has now dropped in the red. In a tournament style duel, this would indicate that Jaune is no longer fit for battle, and that the official may call the match. Mr. Arc, it's been weeks now. Please try to refer to your scroll during combat. Gauging your aura will help you decide when it's appropriate to attack, and when it is better to move to a more... Defensive strategy.