Chapter 134

Chapter 134

The Black Pilgrims had shown up again, four months after the spar to decide the last person to enter the labyrinth.

The pilgrims, all with dark, T-shaped tattoos below their eyes, entered Seol's room.

- (TT) What they look like

- Wait, why does that look so similar LOL

- Why do they look so sad? Hahaha

Seol looked at the individual standing at the front.

The woman, who introduced herself as Chameli, seemed to be their leader.

Despite her fearsome appearance, Seol had the feeling that without her tattoos, she would possess a pure and elegant demeanor.

And near the back of their group was Boseok, who was awkwardly standing around.

"May we come in?"

"Ah, there's only one chair for a guest here, though..."

Seol implied that there wasn't enough room for all her followers to sit down.

Chameli looked behind her with a sullen look.

One of the pilgrims spoke up.

"It's alright. We can stand."

"But..."

"You don't have to consider us for small things like these."

Chameli nodded as if she had no other option.

She sat down in the guest chair in front of Seol.

"I apologize for having to introduce myself like this. Allow me to reintroduce ourselves. We are the Black Pilgrims. I am their overseer, Chameli, the Nevenian Vicar of Varanoa, the Holy Nation."

The Vicar of Nevenia.

Seol already recognized her high status from her accessories and how she was treated by the people around her.

'The Vicar of Nevenia, though...'

Despite Nevenia being a relatively small kingdom, the position of vicar held significant importance. After all, she was in charge of an entire kingdom's worth of believers.

'But why did a vicar come here personally?'

There was a good chance she was also in the audience when Seol fought Boseok four months ago.

Seol was curious about her intent. What could be so important that a vicar would spend four months here?

Having a general idea of what Seol was thinking about, Chameli bowed her head.

"V-Vicar."

"If you do that..."

The pilgrims behind her were shocked but had no means or standing to stop it.

Her actions, though humble, were dignified.

"Why are you bowing to me?"

Seol was confused after receiving her bow.

Chameli carefully opened her mouth.

"I wanted to use this time... to apologize for testing you."

"...Testing me?"

Seol quickly realized what she meant.

'Was my fight with Boseok her means of testing me?'

It didn't make sense for the Black Pilgrims to be interested in the labyrinth in the first place. Varanoa was one of the wealthiest nations. Why would they be interested in a labyrinth when they already receive support from Varanoa? The rewards from the labyrinth were appealing to adventurers, not them.