Chapter 164

Chapter 164

Everyone's eyes focused on Mael.

"R-Really?"

"How did you just now..."

"......"

While Chameli asked Mael out of pure curiosity, Frannan was desperate to learn anything about Alcatron as he didn't know anything about it.

Mael, knowing that, looked directly at Frannan before continuing.

"Mm... Frannan. You know that I am a member of the Artifact Association, right?"

"Of course. How else would we have gotten to know each other if not for that? Why?"

"The Artifact Association gathers all kinds of records. While Zodiac may hold incredible amounts of knowledge, the records the Artifact Association possess don't lag behind."

"Are you saying that the 'ancient document' you brought was from there as well?"

"I am," said Mael. "Please... look here."

As Frannan scanned the thick pages, a strange expression grew on his face.

"Huh? The Artifact Association had documents like these?"

"I spent days combing through the Artifact Association's library trying to find anything about Alcatron. I also went through countless ancient documents that we couldn't understand, and this was one of them."

"That you couldn't understand? How come?"

"There are several reasons why. Religious texts are often so convoluted that they're impossible to understand. Most of the texts fall into that category. In such cases, they're filled with pointless words that have little to do with the context, rendering them useless."

"And the other instances?"

"Well... there could be other potential reasons, but in the case of this book, it's because the language doesn't match anything we know."

"Hm... but it likely exists, and you just can't decipher it, right?"

"Precisely!"

The two were having a conversation that the others felt they could understand to some extent but also didn't.

Because the two were Frannan, who had achieved remarkable academic feats, and Mael, whose depths of knowledge they didn't know the full extent of, the others could only listen, unable to participate.

"The language was likely lost over time."

"Is there any chance that the language was lost simply because it was a regional tongue?"

"That is also possible, yes."

Seol skimmed through some of the book before asking Karuna and Karen in his Shadow Space.

'Is this Montra's language?'

The answer that he received wasn't the one he expected.

- No, it's not.

'Hm...'

Mael then pointed out more points that he had questions about.

"By the way, did you notice anything strange about the paper's materials?"

"You're right. This paper feels unlike anything I've ever felt. Do you know anything about this?"

"The Artifact Association used every possible means to identify it, but... we couldn't learn anything. However, we did learn one thing... here."