Chapter 171

Chapter 171

A week before Seol met up with the expedition party, he was in the middle of a conversation with Ner.

"So what you're saying is... Even though they're both predators on Floor B4, Stompy is much stronger than Koko, right?"

"Yeah! It's because of the matchup."

"And Stompy is a rock giant, right?"

"You saw it too, didn't you? The way he stomps around everywhere. Him being a rock giant is good, though. If he wasn't, then he would be eating the prisoners instead of rocks."

"Hm... couldn't it be different if they fought head-on?"

"Yeah, it could be different. But I can feel it. Stompy's much stronger. Koko won't be able to bite him at all. Well, even if Koko does manage to bite him, Stompy will still win. The most you can hope for is probably a tie."

"So facing him head-on is probably out of the picture... One more question. Are Koko and Stompy the only predators on this floor?"

Before answering, Ner looked up into the sky, as if he was trying to recall something.

"There were a bunch of them, but Stompy killed them each time they got out of line. I'm pretty sure there was one more, but I don't see them around anymore. They were quite an interesting friend with six arms, but... I'm pretty sure Stompy probably killed them as well."

After finishing his conversation with Ner, Seol contemplated.

'What do I do if I have to fight Stompy?'

It would be ideal if they could pass by him as planned, but Seol also had to prepare for the worst.

While Ner clearly knew some things, he didn't know everything.

Not to mention, the person behind everything told Ner that if he told Seol any more than this, they would take action as well.

'Regardless of who awaits us below... it's clear they want to meet us.'

Though the mysterious person kept playing tricks on them, in another sense, it could be seen as a test to weed out those too weak to meet them.

Seol, opting to address those questions by meeting the mysterious individual face-to-face, then turned his thoughts to other matters.

First, was on how he'd pass Lineage onto Koko.

Cut...

"Urgh..."

Seol made a cut on his palm before squeezing out blood.

Since he possessed the Blood of Origin anyway, an injury like that would heal in seconds.

Seol had been gathering his blood over the past couple of days to give to Koko to drink.

Whine...

At first, Koko rejected it. However, as Seol began mixing it in with Koko's food and water, he eventually welcomed it.

Pant pant...

Still, there was no real reaction.

'Is it because he's large? Or is consumption not a suitable method to pass on Lineage?'

For example, by creating an actual family to pass it on instead.

'Or... maybe it isn't working because he isn't my summon?'

Twitch...

Twitch twitch...

Koko began to shudder.