≈ n i n e ≈

{ Chapter Nine: Siblings Seriously Equals to No Sleep }

____________________________________

IN THE CHAOS THAT TOOK PLACE IN THE FEW DAYS THAT JANICE
was left alone to her thoughts and to her own hectic agenda, she had seemed to neglect that she had a life inside a home. Because of this, the following Thursday night in the family room was spent primarily on watching a G-rated movie called Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

In front of the iridescent screen of moving pictures, were two sleeping toddlers, three obnoxious boys that had long since lost interest, three cranky adults and a disgruntled girl who longed for the comfort of her bed, but could not bring herself to leave. It isn't like her to skip their tradition of movie night, and she doesn't plan on breaking it anytime soon, so she toughs it out. 

Every week (or in every two weeks) out of the year when everyone had a break from work or any engagement, they all agree to stay up late, occasionally even on school nights sometimes, just to be united in front of something as childish as a Disney movie. The movie selection, thankfully, did later progress into action films once they lot got older (but thanks to the little kids present, no more blood!).

Exhaustion aside, Janice has a lot to mull over. The only positive thing -- which can also be viewed as a negative, but she likes to take the higher route -- would be that, because everyone is so caught up in the whirlwind of their lives, they had been far more focused on trying to anchor themselves down then to look into her own job. Yes, her family was aware of her actually acing a position that paid. 

Though, it did involve skepticism from her twins, whom bet fifty bucks didn't exist and then somberly gave up said money, but other than the, "I work at a clothing store. It pays well. Aunt Maria, please tell your daughter to stop chewing on my leg," they didn't know much else.

Karlo, on the other hand, is a whole different story. He knew something was eating her up inside besides the obvious excitement for a job (though he was clueless as to where she worked, since she closed up to any mention of it). Since he was the protective and great (read; obsessive and nosy) brother, he could catch simple things like this. 

It also did help that he picked her from and to work, wondering hot to pinpoint what it was, exactly, that had her suddenly too busy to do football, which was a huge shock itself.

Sometimes it kind of irked her how much he got her, especially with things went as personal as this. 

Janice planned on ending his misery and just spilling, but an opportunity just didn't present itself. Okay, well, maybe she wasn't trying too hard, but at the same time, she felt guilty.

Actually, it had more to do with that fact that she just had to confide to someone about it and the All Time Low poster in her room just wasn't going to cut it anymore or she was going to go insane. (Not like she talks to it at all, that idea would be strange...).

When having every blink turning into a sluggish struggle and the babies were snoring louder than Hawaii volcanoes, the family decides to call it a night earlier than usual. Gratefully, no one objects, so they get up, stretch, and say their good night blessings before departing. Janice stays behind, before tapping her oldest brother on the shoulder before he can go to his room.

"What?" Karlo said sleepily, yawning.

"Do you want to crash with me tonight?"

Karlo pauses his stretching. "Am I hallucinating or are you actually asking me to go sleep in your room downstairs?"

"Nah, you're hallucinating."

Karlo rolls his eyes at her sarcasm, "What gives? Nightmares? Boogey-man? A secret dead body you want my help in burying?"