≈ t w e n t y - o n e ≈

A/N: PLEASE READ.

STRAIGHTER THAN PARALLEL PARKING IS NOMINATED FOR STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD!

YOU HAVE TO VOTE THROUGH TWITTER. THE LINK IS: w.tt/StoryOfTheYear AND IT IS ON MY PROFILE WALL. PLEASE, PLEASE, IF YOU CAN VOTE/TWEET, I MIGHT POST ANOTHER CHAPTER? MOST TWEETS WIN! [just even getting above rank 50 will be amazing out of 100!]

ALSO, STRAIGHTER THAN PARALLEL PARKING HIT #4 IN HUMOUR TODAY. I'M CRYING. THANK YOU!

_____________________________________

{ Chapter Twenty-One: For Not Everyone Can Be the Victim }

PROGRESSING THROUGH THE DAY WAS INTERESTING, to say the least. Taxing, irritating and, as much as it feels wrong to admit, insightful. Janice doesn't know how these three things work together (they really shouldn't, not in any lifetime for anyone), but she can't ignore the plague in her mind that has already begun spreading.

Janice can be on the verge of being called cloistered. Oh, yes, she won't shove her opinion down your throat so you choke on it and she does her fair share of listening, mind you. But if you really, truly let her out into the world, take off the blindfold and the plugs in her ears, you'd realize how sheltered she is, and that is a very upsetting matter to begin with.

She has never taken the minute to realize why people act the way they do. Why people are so hateful and rude despite never being provoked; why people judge and criticize and critic the simplest of actions like a hawk; why people are too scared to put their own idea's onto the table when it isn't even wanted.

Janice has seen many traits. Even she, herself, acts out on many of them, but she's never spent the time to realize why, and a flaw of her's would be that she's just too curious for her own goddamn good.

Sadly, she doesn't have sources for her questions. (Googling 'why people kill others' isn't really the smartest thing to insert into a search engine).

So she tackles them the only way she knows how—impulsively, rationally and effectively (though her tackles usually did leave her with a mouthful of grass).

In other words, she tackles Kori with her questions at the school park.

And when I aforementioned tackling, I'm pretty sure I do mean it so quite literally.

"I'm going to murder you," spat Kori, digging out a branch from her hair. "I was this close—" Kori pinches her forefinger and thumb to indicate just how much, "to getting out of the field. This close. Why'd you have to have cheetah blood in you?"

Janice just smugly grins, not even hindered in the slightest about the soil in her uniform already taking up half of her shirt. "Former Captain of the Football team, darling. Don't mess with me. When I ask you to stop, drop, and roll, I mean it like you're on fire."

"Noted," Kori says sarcastically. "And why couldn't you just discuss whatever you needed to talk to me about tomorrow like a sensible person would?"

"Janice Diablo doesn't do sense." Janice says, before scrunching up her face. "Wait, self insult. Crap."

Kori shrugs, but her body language has softened from its previous hostile position. "You have a habit of doing so."

When Janice and her had departed at lunch, they hadn't resolved any of the bad energy between them afterwards. Janice's cryptic message hadn't really eased any of Kori's worries and Kori was too stubborn to leave her insecurity behind.