≈ e i g h t e e n ≈

A/N: If you guys want faster update, please mention it! I'll be happy to edit and write it quicker, but please keep in mind exams are coming in two weeks :)

{ Chapter Eighteen: Because Equality is Just An Understatement }

THERE ARE SEVEN POINT THREE BILLION ESTIMATED PEOPLE in this world. Every second of every day this number expands; it thrives; it grows. Our planet struggles with accommodating everyone's needs, as we human's are a very selective bunch.

We caste ourselves based on ethnicities, beliefs, shape and form, disabilities or capabilities. We nitpick on the simplest to the most generic of things — be it our personality, appearance, wealth, intellect or tastes.

It's funny, considering all of us just want equality, fairness and respect, when almost everything about us humans are contradictable, hypocritical and more than most, unfair.

But the biggest differences we associate with ourselves would be the largest divider of humankind, of any animal, really; the balance between a man and a woman.

At least that's what the flyer Janice is reading currently states.

Indulging and lapping up every word that she finds on her brochure, Janice is bought out of her reading by the drumming of instruments and hollering, both loud and quick, bringing a sense of adrenaline into her.

Carefully stepping over littered and crushed red cups on the ground amidst the celebratory purple beaded necklaces (the specified color for Woman's Day), she makes her way over to the road ahead of her, trying to have a better view of the parade passing her by.

She catches sight of a familiar six foot blonde boy who, to her, looked weirdly in place, despite that there almost an estimated 95% attendance of women in the crowd around him. Janice isn't worried about losing him, as it helped that he's freakishly tall; he's like Janice's own radio tower.

Coming closer, she notes a tense look on his face, as if he couldn't find something (or someone).

Janice came up to him and tiptoes to tap his shoulders. "Sorry, I lost you once the new six o'clock party showed out of no where. Thank God you're so easy to find."

James looked down and flashes her a smile, trying to mask that he had been kind of worried once he lost the red headed vixen amongst the increasing group. "As long as you don't get trampled. I'd hate for the first time I meet your dad or brothers to be in the middle of a hospital. Gives me kind of a bad impression."

"Unless you turn out to be some hotshot doctor that looks really good in a white coat. I think then they might make exceptions."

James bites his lip to keep from laughing. "Yeah, I'm the biggest wussy when it comes to blood. I think it comes from my dad; I got a paper cut once and he took one look and fainted on me."

Janice shakes her head. "Where would men be without us women to take care of your absolutely gruesome, barbarian paper cuts?"

She laughs when he elbows her lightly in the side. "Hush up and look at the floats now. These are really creative."

Janice can't disagree. Some of the floats were historical, bringing prominent female figures that made a contribution to the evolution of woman welfare, like, Susan B. Anthony and Lucy Stone. But the fair also mixed it up with gorgeous acts of entertainment. The Girl's Dojo of Karate (one of Janice's personal favourites because they all looked so badass) showed off their synchronization skills, their bodies fluidly moving so precisely that they looked like ninjas. Some bands even came to play, and although not very familiar with the singers, she loves the input.