Chapter One

It was five in the morning when Murtasim was awoken by his alarm blaring right next to his ears. He was always an early riser, preferring to wake up early to carry out his morning routine before he awoke the children. Ever since their parents passed away, Murtasim has been a father figure to his brothers; hence, he thinks of them as his children.

He was only 18 years of age when their parents passed away in a car crash. How it happened is still unknown to them. Unfortunately, his younger brother Majed was in the same car but managed to escape the vehicle as he was rescued by the people nearby. However, he has suffered injuries to his lungs, leading to asthma, and his skin is very sensitive, causing it to bruise easily. This is one of the reasons his brothers are very overprotective of him.

Since this day, Murtasim has taken responsibility for his brothers. He's focused on his studies while raising his brother. He's also taken over the company as he was the eldest heir, and although it wasn't easy, his hard work paid off. Today, he is a well-known businessman who is feared by many.

~~~

He promptly rose from the bed and made his way to the bathroom for a refreshing start to the day. Following this, he headed over to the gym before proceeding to the kitchen, where he prepared breakfast.

He switched off the stove and sauntered over to Maaz's room where he found his younger brother asleep on the bed with his face hidden between the pillows. He lowered himself onto the bed and gently shook Maaz, "Maaz, baccha utho, dekho 6 bjj gye hai. Ajj tumari important meeting hai na hospital me?"

{Maaz, baby wake up, it's already six. Don't you have an important meeting at the hospital today?}

Maaz's eyes fluttered open though they were glazed with sleep. "Good morning, Bhai." He whispered as he hauled himself into a sitting position.

"Good morning, mere baccha. Chlo jaldi uth jao, abhi mujhe un dono shitano ko bhi uthana hai" Murtasim commented, bringing his brother closer to his chest. Maaz let out a small laugh at his elder brother's statement and nodded his head before heading towards the bathroom.

{Alright, wake up quickly, I still have to wake up the two devils}

Murtasim pushed open the door to Majed's room and let himself take in the condition of his surroundings. Both of his sons were snuggled against each other while the blanket lay half over their bodies and the other half on the ground.

He shook his head as he opened the curtains, squinting as the sun suddenly attacked his eyes. He then made his way over to the bed and sat on the edge, ready to wake up his two little mischievous brats. 

"Majed, Mirza, utho baccha dekho subha hogyi." However, neither of them attempted to make a move. "Are you planning on being late to the office Majed? And Mirza do you have any plans of going to college today?" He questioned rhetorically as he reached over to shake them awake.

{Majed, Mirza, it's time to wake up babies.}

"Baba.....mujhe sohne do mujhe nini arahi hai" Mirza whined and turned on his back trying to block out the voice in the room, whereas, Majed squinted his eyes open and glanced at his baba, through the hazy vision.

{Let me sleep, I'm sleepy}

"Baba," Majed croaked. He moved into Murtasim's arms and laid his head on his chest, relishing in comfort when his baba pulled him closer to lay a kiss on his forehead.

Murtasim then looked at his other son who was almost asleep again. "Mirza, get up and stop whining before I give you a reason to whine about", Murtasim's voice held a warning tone and it only took a few seconds before Mirza ripped his eyes open to stare at Murtasim.