Chapter Twenty-four

"Dinner has been served sir" A maid in their house informed and Murtasim nodded his head in acknowledgment.

He signed out and placed the MacBook on the side drawer, rubbing his head. He'd been stressed since he had secured a deal with a high-tech company. Due to the increase in technology, they need advanced tech in their company to operate against their competitors as well as bring profit to the business.

He had yet to inform Majed due to him being home recently, as he had caught a fever and then the fight incident. He could feel a headache forming but ignoring it, he stood up motioning the others to go to the dining room.

Mirza scurried off with Majed in toe, who playfully whacked his back, "Has the sugar finally got to you that you're so excited for dinner"

"Baba, bhaiyu ne mujhe mara!" Mirza wailed, pretending to wipe off tears. Murtasim shook his head, "Tum dono kya bacho ki tara lad te rehte ho!"

{Baba, bhaiyu hit me!} - {What's it with you two always fighting like little kids}

Taking his place on the dining table, he started to serve himself on the plate when his eyes fell on Majed who sat there with his arms crossed.
"Majed, why aren't you eating?"

"Not hungry"

Maaz who was sitting opposite him, stood up and took a seat next to Majed. He started to make his plate but Majed held onto his hand, "Majed, mera hath chodo. You aren't skipping any meals and I've already informed you of this earlier so start eating"

{Majed, let go of my hand}

Majed grumpily started to eat when Maaz forwarded a spoon in front of his mouth. Soon after Murtasim followed suit because he knew Maaz won't let him leave until he's had a good portion of food.

"No more..." Majed pushed the spoon away from his face.

"How about three more bites baby?" Maaz negotiated, bringing the spoon forward, but the stubborn kid shook his head in denial, moving his face away.

"If you want any snack for tomorrow, then have these last three bites or you can forget about It" Maaz threatened. He smiled when Majed willingly opened his mouth, though a frown was present on his face.

Finishing with the last spoon, Maaz passed him a glass of water which was chugged down instantly. Maaz hit the back of his head taking the glass back from his hand, "Pani kahi bhagi nahi jaa raha tha, drink it slowly next time!"

"What is it bhaiya, you just want a chance to hit me" Majed retorted, rubbing the back of his head.

Maaz rolled his eyes, "Stop being so dramatic, I barely touched you!"

The table was wiped clean and everyone moved back to their rooms. Murtasim started to focus on his project, busy with creating a presentation that he would be presenting tomorrow in a meeting, so without further delay, he invested himself in completing the task at hand.

Majed casually strolled into Mirza's room and dropped himself on his bed. He looked around, surprised that the room was clean and had no clothes or litter lying around.

"Mirza?"

"What is it bhaiyu, I'm playing a game, hence don't disturb me!"

Rolling his eyes, Majed jumped off the bed to advance toward Mirza and ripped off his headphones. Smiling sarcastically, "There we go, you aren't playing it anymore...Oh, and you lost!"

Mirza gaped at the screen, "Bhaiyu! I was so close to beating my last score!"

"So?"

"So? Seriously, don't talk to me! Go away from here, you're room must be lonely anyways!" Mirza mumbled pushing him out of the door not providing Majed the opportunity to say a word.