Chapter Five

"There's more?!" Now he looked horrified. The real question was, what does Murtasim have in plan for him?

"What, you didn't actually think I was going to let you off that easily, did you?" Murtasim mocked

"60 sit-ups, and then you will be writing 100 likes on 'I will not lie and disrespect my elders' , Am I understood?" He questioned firmly.

This was Mirza we were talking about, he may be scared of Murtasim's anger but he wasn't going to back down without pleading his case.

"Baba, please that is too much. Have some mercy, I won't repeat this mistake ever again" Mirza whined, pulling up his puppy eyes.

Who was he fooling though, Murtasim just stared at him with a poker face not giving in. 

"70 sit-ups"

Mirza panicked and tried again. "Baba, please aise Matt Karo na." He turned to Maaz "Bhaiya, please Baba ko bola na".

"80 sit-ups. Keep talking and we will see how quickly the number increases, but I advise you to stop trying your luck because no one is going to help you out of the punishment" spoke Murtasim, without an ounce of remorse.

Majed really wanted Mirza to stop trying his luck, because he was only getting himself into more trouble.

Upon seeing his brothers glaring at him for his foolishness, Mirza finally made a wise decision, making Majed and Maaz sigh in relief.

"Kar Raha hu, ese matt Dekho" he mumbled and held his ear before starting.

"Count, loudly" said Murtasim, receiving a nod in return

"One"

"Two"

...

"Sev-en-t-y....fo-ur" by now Mirza was really tired and tried to continue but he didn't have the strength to.

Majed elbowed Maaz in the stomach, who hissed and glared at him. "Yeh kya tha?"

[What was that]

Majed gulped and nodded towards Mirza " Baba ko bola na bss Kare, uski halat to dekho. Woh Apki batt man jae gye"

[please tell him to stop this now, look at Mirza's condition. He will listen to you]

"Accha, meri bohot sune gye, you know when he decides on a punishment he doesn't relent. Mujhe kyu agg ke samne phek rahe ho" Maaz whispered back.

[As if he will listen to me, you know when he decides on a punishment he doesn't relent. Why are you throwing Infront of fire]

Just then they turned their attention toward Mirza, who looked fully worn out. The crying and the punishment must have hit him hard.

"Ba-ba......I'm choolly.....please maff kardo....mujhse aur Nahi hogya" Mirza spoke in a low tone, with tears running down his cheeks.

[I'm sorry....please forgive me....I won't be able to do more]

Murtasim stared at him, contemplating his decision. He was well aware that Mirza had worn himself out and looking at the tears running down his face was making him weak.

"Baba, bss Karo na, he understands that he was in the wrong" Majed spoke up nervously.

[Baba, pls stop now]

Murtasim glared at him, making Majed hide his face in Maaz's chest. But looking at Mirza whose face was filled with tears, he didn't have the heart to continue.