Chapter 6: Jack Herring

They were speeding toward HQ when they got the dispatch call to tell them to go to a major explosion at the LA art school. They were in the middle of down town when the got the call, at first Jack refused to attend the scene but when he saw the multiple emergency services go speeding in the opposite direction. That's when he turned on the blue lights in the front of the car and drifted it to face the way the emergency services were heading. He sped up to sixty-five miles per hour and caught up to the fire engine that was leading the pack of service transports. He weaved in and out of police cars, ambulances and SWAT vans to get there. They were five miles  away from the scene when they first saw the smoke. People were fleeing in all different directions. The streets were full of panic. All of the cars and transports screeched to a halt, they had to slowly make their way through the crowds to the bomb site. Jack wound down the windows and instantly smelt burning, the burning of flesh. He could already tell there was going to be a lot of casualties. Hux started to yell at people to tell them to get out of the way but it was no use. They were stuck in the middle of a panicked mob, they weren't getting out any time soon. Jack opened the door and split the crowd, he got out and the door was slammed behind him. He could hear Hux telling him to get back into the car, he ignored him. He could barely hear him over the screams, he looked around and saw the stranded fire fighters in the safety of their cab. The fire fighters around the sides were either being dragged off by the squirming hoards of people or being pressed up against the side with the pressure of the thousands of people. Jack had to work his way through the crowds but it was rush hour, this wasn't going to be easy.

He began by working his way towards the smoke, he could only see the smoke. The buildings in front of the art school were blocking his few. The art school couldn't come down without destroying the streets and people around it. He saw ambulances come fleeing around the corner of the buildings. The panic had taken the crowd and they now began to spill onto the large road. Blocking one of two lanes. The ambulances skimmed the crowds as they sped down the long road to the hospital a few mile away. He started to shove his way throughout the highly stressed hoards of people. He eventually made it to the corner and, as he turned it, he saw bodies strewn everywhere. They were those of scholars and teachers. The tall spread out building was now engulfed in the orange and red flames. The furthest away end from jack had collapsed, it had gave way after the initial blast. Jacks eyes scanned his surroundings, he saw the body of one young child. The kids left leg was torn off and was lying a few feet away with a large piece of shrapnel lodged into it. The paramedics were too busy to realise he was still breathing. I HAVE to save him. Jack began to run into the open space next to the  boy and slid onto his knees and began to tend to his wounds. He took his trench coat and made a makeshift bandage for the bleeding stump that was left of the child's left leg. He called over the paramedics who also began to help him out. After what seemed like hours, the child was sent into an ambulance and Jack walked over to the chief police officer and began to enquire about details on the explosion.