chapter 8 : Jack Herring

They were already deep into the investigation and he had already saw her. He knew he would run into her one day in the investigation but not this early. Then again, he didn't expect to be thrown off his already in-depth investigation by a random explosion, or was it random? The cogs in Jack's head were now turning, he couldn't think that the coincidence between the police opening the investigation again and as they were going to investigate the main culprit, an explosion happens across town. That's when Jack realised that they had to see any links between Tomas Duke and those who were hurt or killed in the explosion. He first waited until one doctor was finished saving a certain talent. 

  Matyáš Kovaç. That name haunted his thoughts, it was the one talent who he had to wait to be saved. Matyáš had a run in with Tomas Duke when he was in trouble with the court with a under-age sex charge, of course he was found innocent and Tomas Duke wanted to be paid but Matyáš refused to pay him. It would be only natural for Tomas Duke to want revenge, how he might go about carrying it out though baffled Jack. Matyáš had always been a good kid all throughout his life, so why would he not pay Tomas Duke the money he was owed. Jacks mind was now working overtime, he had so many questions unanswered, he had to find answers. He asked at the reception to see Matyáš, they said he'd had to wait but he couldn't wait any longer. Someone else could die. He burst his way through the doors to Matyáš room to see his body being covered in a white sheet. Shock filled Jacks now crippled body, his tired mind collapsed. He never took a case personally before but for some reason seeing the eighteen year old's body on the floor messed with him. His vision darkened from all angles, his legs started to moving like support beams trying to hold up a destroyed bridge. His back cracked and in one scream of pain, Jack fell into a massive heap of depression on the cold, white hospital floor.