Chapter 17: Jack Herring

He felt himself slipping further into the clutches, he didn't know it yet but he was far past the point of no return. He still obeyed the voice.
"Wait a few months, let the idiot think he's safe from everything, however, you will still watch him, ok?" the voice hissed
"Why?" Jack asked, his voice was still shaky, he still didn't fully understand what was going on.
"So you know the rats routine, you'll see he's at rock bottom and starting to dig!" the voice tried to justify it's orders.
"You will leave once I've done this? Wont you?"
"I will leave once satisfied"
"Okay" Jack let out a sigh as he grabbed his camera and car keys, he walked towards the exit of his apartment and took in all the sights for one last time. He then left his house to be repossessed.

He was now going to fight the thing he once worked for, he knew how to too. He knew how police did everything, he wasn't stupid. He had worked his way up throughout the force to get to where he used to be. He worked his way through to the train depot, he did his research in the local library and after months of waiting he knew exactly what the train driver did at every time, what his name was and where he lived. Jack even knew his dogs name. Apolinar Marino, twenty-seven, four kids, father died in the mines and grandfather died of tuberculosis, mother still living and is sixty years of age, grandmother is deceased died on a trip to hospital when she was pregnant with what of been Apolinar's Uncle, he is an only child, Originally from Spain. Jack was hell bent on knowing everything about Apolinar, from his favourite TV show to his usual night out with his friends on a saturday. The voice had been absent for the months of the stalking, although every time he thought he had escaped, he saw Hux in the seat of his new car. The police were nice enough to give him a new car, it was only a hatchback but it had it's road tax and everything else paid for the next five years so Jack couldn't refuse. He still had flashbacks despite the mounds of medication he had been given, he wasn't taking it any more, he didn't want to either. The therapist only made him worse, he had flashbacks every time he touched the wheel of a car.

"It's time." the voice spoke, Jack was going to have to stall.
"Isn't Tom a little bland?" Jack asked the recently disappearing voice
"You've already used that name for everything else so, NO, it is not" the voice was slowly becoming a screech again
"Fine, fine! Apolinar's shift doesn't start for another three hours, it's only 3am, let me sleep so I can be energised" Jack reasoned
"I suppose you will have to be energised, sleep, don't be late"
"Thank you, Hux"
"Do not say my name!"
"Sorry, okay" Jack climbed into the back of the car and slowly began to be took under by sleep, he eventually caught some sleep.