Chapter 11: Roman Sewick

As Roman walked around the city, he got a phone call.
"You have failed me Roman!" The angered voice yelled
"What? How?!" Roman was so confused, how had he done wrong
"Go to the exit of train line forty-four b and look now!"
"Ok, I don't know how I can get there but I will" Roman put the phone down and began to run to the destination he was set, he knew he had to make it there quick. He saw some smoke and began to run much faster, this was unusual, for once it wasn't him! He turned the many alleyways to the site he was set. He saw chaos, a man was sitting alone and a huge cargo train blocked the rest of his view, he had to get higher. He scanned his surroundings and found a metal pipe which stretched up a brick wall of an abandoned coal factory. It was at least thirty foot tall, he knew he needed to be careful. His large hands, which were a little too big for his frame, gripped the rusty pipe and as he climbed, the black paint flaked away. He finally reached the top. The soft wind brushed against his cheeks turning them red with the cold. With the help of his new vantage point, he could just managed to peer over the top of the humongous yellow engine. He could see police cars and ambulances and that all he could see, his small frame of five foot six inches that he was equipped with didn't help the situation in the slightest. He knew he would have to document it somehow. That's when began to use his cellphone camera to record the goings on. The boss will love this.  Roman thought as he tip-toed closer to the edge to try and get a better frame for the video. His size eight feet were pushing little pieces of broken stone of the edge of the flat roof, the clanged as the hit on the various fences at the bottom, the barbed wire caught a few of the quarter pieces. 

He flinched as a cop looked at him from across the train line, he slipped and dropped his phone. He heard it bash against the stone floor many meters below and as he fell onto his bottom he slid over to the corner and peered over the corner piece to see his phone in smithereens on the cold concrete. The cops began to shout and Roman, telling him to get down. He panicked and got up and ran to the pipe he had climbed up and slid to halt in front of it. He cautiously worked his way down the pipe but at half way, some of the worn nuts and bolts became loose and the pipe began to bend. The top of the pipe started to curve outwards and over Roman's head. All he could do was hang on tight as fate was in control now. He closed his eyes and felt his feet touch the solid ground and as he opened his eyes, he saw police man careering right at him. He let go of the pipe and sprint towards them. They stopped in shock.
"Sir, are you ok?" one of them asked. Roman nodded as he slid on his knees and picked up the memory chip out of his phone. He leaped onto his feet and fled as quickly as possible, the cops were too busy to chase a free runner, well that's what they thought of him to be anyway. That was so close I was nearly caught by them!