Chapter 30

Kane

For someone so tough like her , her facial features are too soft . Proof that a person is never defined by their looks but by their personality . Hannah has a very imposing presence it makes everyone in the room turn heads towards her , not because she chose to but because she is a force of nature meant to stick to her grounds and never back away from a challenge . She is a challenge herself , one I enjoy more than I should .

I must get going if I want to make it to school in time . But how do I peel myself from her when I saw how vulnerable the news she received yesterday made her ? Just recalling her eyes , all red and swollen from how much she cried , her shaky hands and her ragged breaths makes me wince .

I look down at her now , her face is so peaceful as she sleeps in my arms , eyes closed and a frown forming on her face even now. It's like she was born with that frown , one that indicates she isn't a girl to mess with . I chuckle as I trail my fingers over her cheeks , relishing in the way they melt underneath my touch , the way they are hot and soft it makes me want to keep touching her like this for eternity .

She stirs and her frown deepens as she lets out a whimper and a moan before stretching and opening her big doe brown eyes .

« Morning . » I say as I smirk down at her .

Her head snaps to mine in surprise , as if she didn't notice me here at all . « Kane ? »

Damn I need to record her voice and make it my new alarm for the morning .

« Yes ? » I say pulling her closer by her waist .

I can see her cheeks blushing , her eyes scanning me as though she's looking at an actual alien . « Am I dreaming ? »

I chuckle loudly . « Do I look like a dream to you ? » My voice drops a little to a whisper , a soft and gentle one as I look into her eyes .

She looks back with parted lips and furrowed brows , studying me carefully . I can see the deep look in her eyes and how she's holding her breath . The way she looks at me makes me have some red thoughts.

« Yes ... » Her voice is a low pitched whimper close to a moan .

I groan deep in my throat pulling her closer to me . « Careful , Hannah . It's morning and I'm starving ... if you keep talking to me like that I might just feast on you . »

She gasps and stares at my lips , it only makes matters worse .

The phone rings , and damn I hate how both our phones keep interrupting us every time things get to the good parts . Hannah looks behind me at the nightstand at my side , I don't look away from her as I reach out for the thing and answer it immediately while pressing my other hand to the small of her back, trying to keep her as close as possible .

« Kane Oliver speaking . »

« Mr Oliver ... hi ... »

I frown in confusion , the voice is unmistakable which is more shocking since I had no idea she has my phone number . Hannah senses my unease and cocks her head a bit .

« Miss Baldwin , how can I help you ? » I swear Hannah's eyes darken for a second at the mention of her friend's name .

She looks hot when she's jealous though .

« Look umm ... something happened with Hannah and she ... she escaped home yesterday . » She takes in a deep inhale , muttering something underneath her breath that seemed a lot like " God I can't believe I'm asking this " then speaks again . « Is there any chance that she ... is Hannah with you ? »