Chapter 2

Bridget's POV
So he does have a tattoo after all. I'd have to tell Olivia and Mom about it later. I was in gym, sitting in the corner after running laps outside. I was one of the first to finish, so I had some free time to rest. I watched Dylan run across the gym, slightly out of breath, as he dribbled the ball inbetween both hands. He faked a guy out--then scored a 3 pointer.

It's been a week since, he took me home--I didn't exactly know what I expected, but nothing happened afterwards. As if the ride home never happened, Dylan didn't talk to me. His eyes meet mine, briefly, after wiping his face with his t shirt--showing quite a bit of his toned stomach. Embarrassed, I stupidly looked away, making it a bit obvious that I was staring at him.
"Hey there!" Someone plopped down next to me. I cautiously looked over at the girl. She had short black hair, that fit her well, it stopped a couple inches below her ear, these bright brown eyes and a cheerful white smile.
"Hi." I said, trying to mimic her bright tone, but failing. She smiled, taking a deep breath, then resting her head against the wall.
"I'm Crystal, but you can call me Crys if you want."
"I'm Bridget." I said smiling a little.

We both turned, and watched the guys play basketball for a while. Our silence filled with the squeaks of sneaker on the glossy floor, and there shouts of command.
"So, Dylan Sprayberry caught your eye, huh?" Crystal said suddenly.
"He scares me." I admitted glumly, following him with my eyes as he passed the ball.
"Why do you say that?"
"You've been staring at him for the last 10 minutes." Crystal raised an eyebrow.
"Is he your boyfriend? I'm sorry--i didn't even notice what I was doing." I said quickly, glancing over at her. "Boyfriend?" Crystal laughed hysterically, holding her stomach and throwing her head back. I blushed, embarrassed.
"He's my step brother." She said finally, after taking huge deep breaths.
"Oh." I said, feeling stupid.
"For how long?"
"Since the 4th grade. I'd never think of him like that--gross." Crystal shivered in disgust. I nodded slowly, wondering why she had suddenly wanted to talk to me.
"I was thinking we could be friends..." Crystal stared st me, quizzically. "Yeah." I agreed trying not to sound to enthusiastic.
"What's so big and bad about him?" She mumbled, as we watched him together.
"I guess--its the whole bad boy rep...he won't stay in one place--" I shrugged, although it wasn't much of a nonchalant issue. It'd been digging into my skin ever since Dylan drove me home...
She looks at me.
"Why don't you come over today? I know I'm practically a stranger but..."
I pondered it,
"Will your brother be there?" I questioned nervously.
"Well he's not going to wait on the porch while you visit, Bridget." She laughed. I pulled myself closer to the wall, wanting to melt into it.
"I don't know. I have a lot of homework." I stalled having seen enough of Dylan on the street. He was always seems to be...everywhere--just hanging around.
"We can do homework there! Dylan doesn't bite, for the most part," Crystal continued. I raised a surprised eyebrow, trying to ignore the knots my stomach were forming just by being near another human being.
"I'm kidding!" Crystal exclaimed.
"So, what do ya say?"
"Only for a little while." I mumbled, barely audible. Crystal squealed and hugged me, serving us a couple lopsided looks.

"DYLAN!" She shouted cupping her hands around her mouth and releasing the choke hold she had on me. I stiffened, all of the muscles in my stomach clenching. He looked over.
"What do you want?" Dylan snapped irritatedly, a playful smirk pulling at his lips.
"Get your ass over here!" Crystal motioned towards her.
"I'm going to get some water," I said quickly, standing up and trying to unwind my stiff muscles enough to walk.
"Na-uh. Sit down," Crystal grabbed my wrist and forced me back down. She was strong for a girl of her caliber--she was barely bigger than me. She gripped my hand as Dylan strolled over, basketball in hand so they wouldn't start without him, I suppose.
"You need to face your fears." Crystal smirked, enjoying her dominance over me. Who was Crystal to force me into facing these fears? I barely knew her, after all. Was this what the society of social people was like? I'd hope not. And so soon, all of these new things would be thrusted upon me? I'd literally just started talking to her 10 minutes ago, and now i'd get to meet her thug brother, my ultimate fear; boys.