A 180 Degree Turn [BoyXBoy] Chapter 8

Dylan’s POV

Mother gave me a kiss on the cheek along with the children. Or should I say my children.

“Get to know them.” My father whispered to me as he put on his shoes.

“Your father and I are leaving. Behave and take good care of them. The list of things to do is on the counter. Most importantly, never forget to feed them.” My mom was still talking as she tugged my father out of the house.

I looked around to see that my children have run off to the backyard. It was weird having them here. I’ve only met them yesterday so it’s still a bit awkward. The only one who seems to warm up to me and like me was Alexander, the shy little blond boy.

The other two didn’t like me much. Well, William –the dirty blond boy –pretty much glared at me whenever he caught me looking at him. His glares weren’t those of hatred, it was that of distrust and wariness. After all, they’ve only known me for less than a day and their mother dies and they’re suddenly sent to their “dad” who they never met.

I understand and I’ll give William time to adjust to me. I just hope he’d warm up soon.

The little girl who looked like me was named Catherine. She practically ignored me the whole time.

And Gabriele was out with his family so he couldn’t visit. Besides, I’m stuck here to get to know my kids better. Not that it’s a bad thing. It’s just that I don’t know what to do or say. I’ve never had kids before!

I picked up the slightly long list from the kitchen counter. There were tiny boxes for checking before the things-to-do. The only box with the check says, Feed them breakfast.

Next on the list was to take them out somewhere. I wonder if it’d be okay to take them to the park. I really don’t know what kids like.

I opened the sliding door to the backyard to find Catherine using mother’s prized flowers to make flower crowns. I’m going to receive the blow when mother comes home after she sees her garden.

The boys were on the ground wrestling and rolling around.

I clapped my hands, trying to gain their attention. All of their heads snapped to me. “Uh, hey, guys. So, who wants to go to the park?” I said a bit unsure.

At the mention of a park, their big round eyes widened even more and they ran to me, clinging to my legs.

“Can we go now? Pwease, pwetty, pwetty pwease?” Alexander batted his eyelashes at me. You know, for a boy he sure has long curved lashes.

I gave a yes and they all squealed, running around and packing the stuff they wanted to bring to the park. And as the one playing the mother role, I went to the kitchen to pack up some food. I sliced some fruits and brought whip cream, made scrambled egg, turkey and ham sandwiches, filled the big cooler with Kool Aid, and (secretly) wrapped up all the cookies mom left near the window to cool.

Now that everyone was ready, we conspicuously hurried to my car. I didn’t want anyone questioning me about the kids. Not yet, anyway.

The drive to the park lasted for about five minutes. My children were jumping up and down on their seats. Their little hands were all clutching colourful kites as their faces were all smiles which in turn made me smile. Bringing them to the park was a good idea.

We finished eating an hour ago. The kids were now running around the park. I was beginning to clean up so we could leave.

“Where are your parents?” A familiar voice asked.