Chapter 36

(A/n

Really I don't know what to say... But definitely I got some crazy/insane readers!!! You guys didn't even let 24 hrs to happen but gave me 100 followers, already??? How grateful I'm! Thank you! And here as I promised your update)

Chapter 36

“Tae Sir hasn’t come home yet,” said Mrs. Min. “I’ve been waiting in the living room the whole time and I haven’t seen him all night.”

Jungkook’s eyes turned dark.

If he did not come home, where could he have gone?

Did he lie to him about coming home to write his thesis?

“I’ll give him a call right now,” Mrs. Min said as she rushed toward the living room.

Tae had been abducted the moment he had set foot out of Forrance Villa, and now, he was on the other side of the city.

He had been dragged into a car, blindfolded, and his wrists were bound.

The car drove on for about an hour before coming to a halt.

He was taken into a room and thrown into a chair.

When his blindfold was taken off, he heard the unfamiliar voice of a strange man.

“Apologies, Miss Kim. We’re just doing our jobs. We won’t hurt you as long as you cooperate with us.”

Tae glanced around the white room until his eyes fell on the stranger’s face.

He was wearing a mask, so he could not see his features, but his voice was completely unfamiliar to him.

“I’ll cooperate as long as you don’t hurt me. However, I won’t do anything illegal even if you force me to,” he said calmly.

The man chuckled lightly, then said, “I doubt a weak little guy like you would be able to commit a crime.”

As he said that, he untied Tae’s hands and connected him to a lie detector machine.

“This is a lie detector. You have to answer my questions truthfully. You won’t get past this test, otherwise. If you lie, you’re not leaving this place tonight. Understood?”

Tae gazed at the machine, stayed silent for a moment, then nodded his head.

“Don’t worry, I won’t lie.”

“Good,” said the man, then began the test.

“What’s your name?”

“Kim Taehyung.”

“Did your father tell you the code to the safe before he died?”

“No.”

After he answered, the man glanced at the machine’s monitor.

All of the indicators were within the normal parameters, proving that he was telling the truth.

“Why were you at Forrance Villa tonight? Who invited you?”

Tae remained silent.

“Are you trying to lie to me?” snapped the man. “Don’t think too much about the questions, just give me an answer!”

“Oh… I was just worried you’d get shocked by my answer,” Tae said nonchalantly. “Do you know the Jeons?”

“Who?”

“Do you know Jeon Jungkook?” Tae asked. "Of course Idol He’s loaded. Who wouldn’t know who he is? Why are you bringing him up? Was he the one who invited you?” asked the man.

Tae shook his head and said, “Do you know his nephew, Jeon Nic?”

“What are you going on about? And am I the one asking you the questions or are you?! Just answer my question! Stop wasting my time!”

The man was losing his temper.

“Jeon Nic took me there,” Tae said.

“What’s your relationship with him?”

“We have a special relationship. We’re all adults here, so you should know what I mean, right?”

“Fine, I get it! Were you the one who opened your father’s safe? This is an important question, so you better not lie! My employer knows the truth! This machine is just a backup!”

Tae stared at the man’s furious gaze, pondered for a moment, then said, “It was me, but the stuff inside isn’t with me.”

“Who did you give it to?!”

“I mentioned him just now,” Tae said with an innocent expression on his face..

“Jeon Jungkook?”

Tae shook his head.

“Oh! Your man, Nic Jeon?” Tae nodded.