Chapter 48

Chapter 48

The more Tae thought about it, the more erratic his breathing became.

Was this proof that Jungkook was in love with him?

Otherwise, why would he go and do something that he considered a waste of time?

He felt a sudden chill run down his spine.

His hand instinctively drifted to his lower abdomen.

He was now more than three months pregnant. He had been watching his diet, so his baby bump was not showing at all.

By the time he reached the fifth and sixth months, he could still hide his bump under loose clothing.

What would happen when he was near the end of his term?

No matter how skinny a pregnant mother was, he would not be able to hide his baby bump once that time came.

If he was still by Jungkook’s side by then, he would definitely get caught.

Taehyung wandered aimlessly around the streets.

He was holding his jacket in his arms, and he was wearing nothing but a light t-shirt, but he did not feel the cold breeze.

His feelings for Jungkook confused him.

It was exactly like the answer he gave him the night before.

He did not have the courage to love him. He despised his previous domineering and arrogant behavior.

He could not say that he did not love him either, because somewhere deep down inside his heart, he did in fact have feelings for him!

He was just too embarrassed and too cowardly to admit it.

The babies he was carrying were standing between the two of them.

If he wanted to keep the children, then he had to leave him.

At the end of the day, he was not a cold-hearted machine. His body and actions would not necessarily follow every instruction that came from his rational mind.

When exactly did he begin to fall in love with Jungkook? He could not answer that question.

He had hated him to death when he forced him to get an abortion.

Taehyung arrived home that evening and placed a gift box on the coffee table in the living room.

“Mrs. Min, this is for Jungkook. Please let him know when he gets back later,” Tae informed.

Mrs. Min beamed as she said, “Now, that’s the way! Your life here would be much easier if he’s happy with you. If for nobody else but yourself, you should care more about his mood.”

Mrs. Min’s words made sense, but Taehyung said indifferently, “I’m a little hungry.”

“Dinner’s ready. How about you take a bite now, then join Master Jungkook again when he gets home?” suggested Mrs. Min.

Taehyung immediately shook his head and said, “He’s mad at me. It’s better for the both of us if we don’t have dinner together.”

Mrs. Min was at a loss for words.

How did Taehyung anger Jungkook this time?

Jungkook might not have the best temper, but as long as things go his way, he would never lose his cool for no good reason.

It was the end of the workday at Jeons Group, but Jui was still in his office and he had no intention of leaving anytime soon.

He arrived at the office at five in the evening emanating an ominous and frightening aura.

Nobody dared speak to him, and he spoke to no one either.

He just continued to work from five to six in the evening.

Jung-su phoned up Ye joon to ask for his help.

He did not dare leave before Jungkook left.

Besides, Jungkook’s awful mood made Jung-su jumpy.

Did he not go to a recital with Tae?

Why was he back at the office before the recital was over?

Did Taehyung ditch him, or did they fight at the recital?

Ye joon arrived soon after answering Jung-su’s call.

Jung-su explained the situation to ye-Joon outside Jungkook’s office door.

“I bet he passed him off again,” Jung-su said. “I really want to meet Kim Taehyung. I think there’s something wrong with him. Of all the people he could mess with, he decides to pick on the boss every day.”

“Maybe this is his modus operandi,” Ye-Joon said. “Sometimes, going against the tide can lead to unexpected results. No one around Jungkook would dare anger him. Don’t you think it’s refreshing for him to have someone around who drives him crazy?”

“Come on, nobody likes getting infuriated all the time,” Jung-su disagreed. “Unless Mr. Jeon is some kind of masochist.”

At that moment, the doors to the president’s office burst open and Jungkook walked out. Ye-Joon and Jung-su reacted quickly, and they immediately rushed to Jungkook’s side to help him out.