Written

Stray's POV

Victor wakes me by kicking me in the gut by accident. "Crap. Stray you ok?"

"Yeah Vic. I'm good." I holding my stomach and sitting up on the bed trying not to wake Clyde.

"You called me Vic." Victor said with shock and nostalgia. I don't know why he did but he did.

"Yeah." I say quick and normal. "No one has called me Vic in a long time." He says choking on his words. It may be dimly lite in here but I know what about to happen. He's gonna cry. This is what the Refuge does it makes a tough fella cry.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I say shifting over towards him. I put my around around his boney shoulders.

"My little sister used to call me Vic. It caught on in my family and soon everyone called me that. She got sick right before I got stuck here. So I would steal medicines and other stuff to help her. It worked for a little while until Synder caught me."

He looks me in the eyes. I want to burst out and cry for him. Victor had built up a tough guy act in Order to protect himself in here. Maybe he can open up to me because I'm a girl? I don't know. All I know is right now I feel sad for him.

"I'm here for you. If you ever need to talk." To be honest I didn't know what to say to him.

"You can keep calling me Vic if you want to?" He said even though it sounded like a question. I feel like he wanted me to call him that. So there's nothing I could say except. "Ok...Vic."

"Will you two shut up!" Clyde said throwing his hand up in the air.

"Sorry Man." Victor said looking over at him. Clyde is not a morning person. Obviously.

"So Stray, Tell me about yourself." Victor said. I groan and Clyde pops right up. "I would like hear this."

"Ok....Well my name wasn't always Stray. It was Denise Sinclair for a long time of my life. My dad is a crazy man. So I ran away. And for the longest time I was happy. I was a newsie. I made so many friends and I met this really sweet guy."

"Oh Stray you got a fella?" Clyde says poking me in my side teasing me. He made me laugh for the first time in a long time.

"Yeah. He's not perfect but neither am I. And I guess that's what makes us so great."

"Do he got a name?" Victor says leaning in wanting to find out more.

"It's Crutchie." When I say his name out loud it physically hurts me. Will I ever see him again? Oh no. I hope he's holding up. Jack better take care of him.

"Did you write him yet?" Victor said.

"What?" Utterly confused by what he just said.

"You know write him a letter one last time. Swan song." Clyde says perking up back into the conversation.

30 minutes later the letter was finished.
I was surprised who I wrote the letter to.

Hiya Jack. Are you okay?
If you haven't guessed this is Stray. It's hard living here day to day. But if you can make it, I'll be okay.

Everything here. Everything's gone. They won't even let you sing songs.

Your story is still fresh, likes its new. they can't believe what a simple carriage can do. Victor said that he was here you got out and he told me that's was hope is all about.

Starving a little. I'll be good. Just the way things should. You just stay there can keep Crutchie calm of you could.

Keep him safe. Keep things calm. Jack I need you to be strong. If the Guys get mad you tell them what I said.

Goodbye
For now.
I'll get out of here somehow.

Denise, Not that no way.
So this is goodbye from Stray.

*********************************************************************************************************************
IMPORTANT AUTHORS NOTE:
I have a new book in wattpad that I'm writing it's called The Lawrence School of Gifted Performers. I think if you like this story and Broadway that it would be the perfect book for you. In the story the school is putting on Newsies as their production, so Yay!

I also tried to write the letter with the same rhythm as Letter From the Refuge. But I couldn't do it was like the verse over and over again.

I love hearing your opinions, so please comment about anything.

•Victor and Clyde

•Crutchie

•Jack's plan to get Stray out.

Anything.