Brooklyn Coffee Grounds

My head is rushing with thoughts. Can I trust Wrench? Is Jack ok? Where is Crutchie? How are we getting out of here?

Wrench is running down he halls with Clyde beside him. Me and Vic follow  them close behind. Vic grabs my hand and I look over to him. "Aren't you scared?" He asks as he looks right at me.

"Not gonna lie. Ise scared. My friends are out there risking everything."

Victor puts his arm around my shoulder, I let out a laugh and peel it off of me. "Remember I have my Crutchie."

He laughs at the remark and opens his mouth to speak. "Tell this Crutchie he is a lucky guy to get a goil like youse."

Wrench turns around to see me and Victor talking, "Come on, We ain't got all day." He says. Clyde lifts his shoulders to his neck and gives a 'he's right' face. The group runs down hall was until we reach Synder's office. I stop right at the door.

"Stray?" Clyde says look at what I was looking at. I turn the doorknob. I see a room with a elegant desk with a padded red velvet swirl chair. The smell of coffee grounds filled the room. A book self that towered over me with books over flowing. This is what he does with his money. How dare he!

Clyde and Victor step into the room. "He has this while we's begging for food in der." Clyde yells out into the open. I think he was mad at the room. Ok he's mad at Synder.

There are footsteps heard down the hall. Wrench panicked and ran into the office with us. He closes the door and runs over to the window and tries to open it, but both Clyde and Victor have to help him till they got it open. They make a break for the window and get out but I hear the doorknob turning and I know wouldn't be able to make it.

I hide under the desk and heard the footsteps getting louder. Synder's voice booms in this room. I hear a thick New York accent snap back at him.

"Tell those hooligans to stop tearing up the block or I kill what you want!"

"Sorry no can do." A all to familiar voice says.

"ON WHAT GROUNDS!" Synder yells stomping his feet.

"On the grounds of Brooklyn." Spot? Oh no! He got Spot Conlon. With all those muscles how?

Synder the Spider grunts and leaves the room. I hear Spot sigh and now I'd ten perfect time to some out of my hiding spot.

I pop out if the desk and Spot's reaction was priceless. "Stray from da path? What are yous doing in here?"

"Let's just say I took a detour. Now help me open the window." A confidence boost hits me. I just bossed around Spot Conlon leader of the Brooklyn Newsies.

Spot opens it up with out my help. It took the three guys to open it up and he can just do it by him self. I'm impressed.

Spot offers me to exit first and I do. Spot follows me down the fire escape. I see Brooklyn and Manhattan Newsies.

I look over to him, "All this to bust me out?" I ask.

"What can I say?... The Only Goil Newsie is rarity."

I smile not because of the compliment, I smile because Spot knows what a rarity is.

As we are descending from the fire escape I see Wrench, Clyde and, Victor on the ground talking to Romeo (A Brooklyn Newsie.) They are finally out. Clyde has his newsies back and now Vic can go back to his family.

Spot helps me down to the ground. I look through the crowd for my newsies. I see Jack, Race and Specs and I run to them. Jack is the first to spot me, he hugs and lifts me off the ground. "Jack I've missed yous. I missed all of you guys." I say to Jack then everyone.

"Stray we missed you too, but we ain't got time ta talk." Race says handing me his cigar. I take it and pop it in my mouth, making his smile light up like a street lamp.

The group of newsies split into Brooklyn and Manhattan. To go our different ways. All are grouped except Vic.

Victor stands in middle of the two groups. Clyde walks up to him. "Victor why don't you come ta Brooklyn? Could always use anuder Newsie." He says making Vic's smile huger than the Pulitzer building.

"Sure." Is all he said , but his smile could have made up his mind for him.

Spot walks up to the two boys and says something, I couldn't hear, but they seemed happy about it. Then he walks up to me. "Always nice to see you Stray." He picks up my hand and try's to kiss it, I pull it back.

"Sorry taken." I says. He smirks and heads back to Brooklyn with his Newsies.

When I said Taken the thought of Crutchie hits my head. I turn to Jack. "Where's Crutchie?" I say worried.

"We's got a surprise." Jack says. Walking out into Town. The guys follow him so of course I do too. I just want to know if everything is ok.

*********************************************************************************************************************
A/N: Yay! Vic has a home now! Again I was writing this chapter really fast. Because I wanted to update for you guys.

I love when you comment. So go ahead and comment, because I love to read them.