Brooklyn er not?

Race's POV

Walking over the Brooklyn bridge my nerves are shakin' up. Last night at the lounging house Jack got a letter. He won't tell us what it was or what is was about, but my guess and Spec's guess too was that it was from Stray.

Mr. Kopplemen brought it upstairs to him. Jack ripped it up read one sentence and then ran up to his rooftop. He finally came back down folding it in his pocket so we wouldn't sneak a peak at it. Then he yelled at us. "Tomorrow we go to Brooklyn and make a deal with Spot Conlon."

So today we skipped work. We'll half of us. The ones that are going to Brooklyn are Me, Elmer, Buttons, Specs, Mush, Ike. And of course Jack and Crutchie.

I see some of the Brooklyn Newsies that I know. I think it's best if I say something to them. "Hey Dan, Romeo!"

"Aye Race whatca doin' down here?" Dan says walking towards the group.

"Well me and da guys need ta talk ta Spot." I say picking at the cigar in my mouth.

I hear a voice call from behind the guys and me. "Talk about what?" Only one person with an accent like that.

"Jacky boy. What brings yous here?" Spot says walking around to that fun of us.

"It's Stray." Elmer says before anyone else can. Everyone is quiet for a long pause. The Manhattan newsies are looking at each other while more Brooklyn newsies walk up.

"Stray? As in the only goil newsie?" One Brooklyn newsie says.

"Yeah." Spot and Jack say at the exact same time. They look at each other and back at their newsies.

"So what about Stray?" Spot asks.

"She uh....Synder....Stray is din da Refuge." Crutchie says walking up to Spot. He's being brave for his girl walking up to Spot like that.

"How did am innocent goil like Stray end up in da Refuge?" Spot Conlon asks with utter confusion. Did he know Stray like we knew Stray? She may have been a girl, but she had some guts. Standing up to Delancey. Selling on her own. Resisting her Father. "Well someone tell me?" He says. We were silent.

Jack comes up beside Crutchie in front of Spot. "She ran away from her father. And we took her in. Well after beating Delancey and loosen some. Stray's Dad found her with us and became angry and called Synder to take her away. But she was beatin' to a pulp by her father first and then Synder took her away." He says trying to stay as strong as he can. I know Jack is in a hard place right now.

"We needs your help." Crutchie says. "Please she's my goil."

Spot Conlon turns around to his newsies and whispers to them before turning back to Manhattan. "Stray from the path' is a good newsie. She shouldn't be in da Refuge. I'll help you. Just tell me da plan."

Jack points at me and Specs to walk up to them. "Tell em." He says.

"I have on condition." Spot stops us from talking. I look at Jack who is looking at Crutchie. Crutchie's face is pale. He just wants her out, but is scared at the cost. "What's it?" He says.

Spot crosses his arms in front of his chest. "One of ma men got stuck there a year ago. When we get Stray we get him out too."

I speak up. "Well who is he?"

"His name is Clyde. So...Do we have a Deal?" He says reaching his hand out to Jack. But it was strange Jack pushes his hand over so it's in front of Crutchie instead. Crutchie reaches out his hand that is not holding onto his crutch and shakes Spot's hand. "Deal."

"Good. So tell me about your plan?"

Specs starts to talk. "Well we needs to distract Synder to get to Stray and now Clyde. If we get a bunch of us to just goes wild and maybe a few of us with Sneak up and get her. I mean Them."

"So we're saying that we need all of us to get Synder out of the refuge so that we can get in and out without him knowing." I say simpering up what Specs just said.

"So?" Jack says.

"Brooklyn is with you." Spot Conlon says.

*********************************************************************************************************************
A/N: Tiny plot twist that Clyde is a Brooklyn Newsie. I thought I would try something a little different. Yay!

Again I want to talk about my new book. Lawrence School of Gifted Performers. Some of you have said that you like it and that makes me really happy that my book that is not a fan-fiction can be enjoyed by you guys.

P.S. I was writing this in a hurry and it maybe sloppy, but I'll fix it. Trust me.