Chapter 3

Waves crashed over the hot summer sand, spreading it's lacy foam. I closed my eyes as the ocean breeze greeted my skin, fighting away the scorching heat of the sun. The salty air filled my nostrils as I slowly inhaled. The waves crashed in again, covering the sand and my legs with it. After taking in as much of the scenery before me, I continued my walk on the beach.

 "Gol!" I chuckled a bit as my eyes landed on Gerard and some of his teammates playing football with their children. I watched as he threw the giggling Milan over his shoulder as he ran around in circles to celebrate his son's goal. Shakira was there too, capturing the beautiful moment on her camera. As much as I'd like to stay with them, the rest of the beach was screaming my name. The endless sand caressing my feet begged me to explore it's home. How could I say no to that? 

 The screams and shouts from the game became more faint as I moved further along the beach. My eyes scanned over the scenery with great pleasure, committing every detail to memory. Not only were my eyes blessed with the honey-gold grains glistening in the sun but also with the vast expanse of blue water, stretched in every direction to the horizon, caressing the golden shoreline due to the gentle breeze. They were also blessed with the budding Adonis I met a few days back in the ice cream shop. 

Before I knew it, I had stopped admiring the gorgeous scenery and was slowing down my pace so I could yet again savour every detail of this new eye candy. 

 There was only one word to describe the greek god- resembling creature . Only one word where his eyes were the colour of hot cocoa, sprinkled with tiny flecks of gold like mini marshmallows . His lips pale and thin , his nose slender and straight. His chiseled jaw curved gracefully, his neck sported one of his many tattoos: a crown. It was as if he knew he was a greek god. As my eyes made my way down to his uncovered masterpiece of a chest, his voice greeted my ears, signaling that I was caught yet again. I was guilty of blatantly admiring his assets; something that I was normally too shy to do.

 "And you said you've seen better" he said. The left side of his pale lips tugged upwards resulting in a sinister smirk on his god-like face. I could feel my cheeks becoming hotter by the second as a reluctant blush crept its way onto my cheeks. 

 "I have " I finally said as memories of Neymar perpetrated my mind. His brilliant hazel eyes shone at me. They were jovial and lively ; a perfect summary of his personality as well.

 "Whatever makes you sleep better, amor" he said, snapping me out of the Neymar haze I was in. If it wasn't for that taunting smirk that didn't seem to fade away, I wouldn't have now labelled him as the cocky douchebag with a gigantic ego that I decided against in the ice cream shop. Now, his cocky personality was slowly cancelling out his eye candy features.

 I flashed him the the most fake smile I could muster up then rolled my eyes. I began to continue walking, not bothering to even comment on his statement. His footsteps followed mine and soon enough he was right beside me. I turned my head slightly to glance at the group of guys he was with then turned my attention to him. 

 "Don't you have friends to go back to?" I asked, my voice laced with annoyance. As much as my hormones were delighted to be beside such an attractive guy, my mind constantly reminded me that he was also an over confident stranger.

 He glanced back to his group of friends who were undoubtedly watching us. My eyes widened a bit as I watched him send a wink their way, accompanied with his never-leaving smirk, as he slung an arm over my shoulder. The group of boys instantly erupted in a wave of wolf-whistles and claps.

 I watched as the guy flung his head back. His shoulders shook as the melodious sound escaped his lips. Soon after, his friends followed in his lead. I slowly took his hand from around me as my face contorted into a confused look. The source of these boys' amusement was unknown to me. I began to start walking again as I didn't find much pleasure in watching these guys double over in laughter. 

Their laughter died down a bit as they realized that I was no longer beside them. A few seconds passed until I felt someone grab my hand. 

 "Hey, why'd you leave me behind there?" he asked, replacing his laughter with a small pout.And here I was thinking that this cocky yet god-like creature couldn't possibly become any more attractive. Man was I wrong.

 " Last time I checked I was exploring the beach by myself." I replied, turning my attention to the gorgeous blue ocean. I could hear him chuckle again. 

 "Well now you have company" 

 We walked in silence as I continued to look at the beautiful landscape, mentally taking pictures as I forgot to take my phone with me. I glanced at  Mr. Greek god beside, only now realizing that we have yet to introduce ourselves.

 "I'm Louisa" I said, breaking the silence. His eyes met mine as a small smile graced his lips.

 "Nice to meet you, Louisa" he said as I waited for him to say his. I waited impatiently as a few seconds passed without him replying. 

 "And yours?" I asked, a hint of annoyance in my voice. He looked at me again as his small smile faded. A look of disbelief was written all over his face. 

 "You don't know who I am?" he asked, emphasizing the 'I'. I rolled my eyes again. How much more arrogant could this guy get?

 "Obviamente! (obviously) " I replied, crossing my arms " hence me asking your name"He looked at me strangely, studying my face as if he was trying to tell whether or not I was lying to him. Once he realized that I was a hundred per cent truthful, his look of disbelief began to fade. 

 "I'm Juan Luis, but I'm more famously known as Maluma" he said proudly.

 "Maluma?" I watched as disbelief washed over his face again. 

 "You really don't know who I am" he said. He sounded as if he was trying to convince himself. 

"Should I?" I questioned. I could literally see the pain that I was inflicting on his ego as he stared at me in disbelief. We stood like that for awhile; his eyebrows furrowed as his lips quivered into the shape of a small 'o' while his ego wept violently. I on the other hand had my hands on my hips, waiting impatiently for his response. But I didn't get a spoken answer. Instead my ears were graced with a melodious sound. 

 "Y yo no quiero ni saber su nombre ,solo quiero una oportunidad,mucho menos quiero ser tu hombre ,solo matar la curiosidad " he sung, stepping closer to me. He raised his eyebrows as if his short performance was suppose ring some sort of bell in my head.

 "So" I said, dragging out the 'o', " you're a singer?"

 Maluma sighed loudly, obviously frustrated that I really had no clue who he was. I watched as he nodded his head, his shattered ego not permitting him to say any words. 

 "Well you're a good one of that" I said, placing my hand on his shoulder. It all made sense now. Ofcourse he had to be famous to have such a huge ego. I sighed as he didn't acknowledge my compliment. Instead, that all too adorable pout found its way back on his lips.

 "So, are you from around here?" I asked him, attempting to change the subject. Again, it took him a while to answer. For a minute I thought he had completely ignored my question.

 "No" he said, confirming my suspicions. His accent sounded more like that from a Latin American than your average barcelonian. It sounded almost exactly like mine. I watched as his pout disappeared and was replaced by a look of pride. 

 "I'm from Colombia" he said giving me a small smile. I raised my eyebrows. Now it was my turn to be shocked. 

 "En serio?" I asked as a smile crept its way on my face," No way me too!" Maluma's smile became bigger.

 "Then how the hell don't you know who I am" he asked, chuckling. He obviously wasn't over the fact that I didn't know who he was. I rolled my eyes in frustration.

 "I don't pay attention to singers or the media ok" I said, giving him a pointed look, telling him to drop the subject. He sighed once more, as he got what I hinted at"So you're a colombiana" he said with a smile as we continued to walk.

 "Damn right"