Chapter 34

Truth is something that a lot of people want and strive for,but not many of us can handle it.I was most definitely the poster child for people who can't handle the truth which was why I was currently locked in the guest bedroom with a worried Maluma knocking on the door. I had ignored and avoided him at all costs since my visit to Neymar's house but he had finally had enough of my attitude.Likewise,I had enough of him and his lies. Not only had I found out that his fling with Belinda was not actually a publicity stunt ,I was greeted with photos of him and a certain brazilian singer in compromising positions.

My stay in the bedroom was cut short as the sound of keys clinging together filled the air.In mere seconds, the  door  swung open,revealing a frowning Maluma with genuine look of worry on his face.I shook my head as he approached me. He knelt down beside me and placed his hand on my knee.

"Lou" he said timidly as he began to rub my knee gently."Whats wrong,baby?" he questioned,grabbing my hand with his free hand. 

At this point,my anger had long faded away an was replaced by an overwhelming feeling of disappointment.

"Why?" I asked,ignoring his question. I watched as he gave me a confused look,oblivious to the fact that I now knew about his infidelity.

"Why what?" he asked,his hand tried to make its way up to my cheek but I brushed him off.

"Why'd you deny cheating?" I questioned,looking down and away. I waited for him to deny my accusations and make up false excuses but that never happened. After a few seconds of silence, I turned look at him.To my surprise he was looking straight at me with a pair of sad eyes filled with tears.

"Lou,I never meant to hurt you" he said softly as his voices cracked slightly.His hand tried to make its way to my cheek once more but I flinched away for the second time which caused him to squint his eyes as if he was in pain.

"Then why'd you do it?" I asked softly,now avoiding eye contact with him.In the corner of my eyes I could see him run his hands over his face,removing any fallen tears in the process.

"I was in a bad place ok. I didn't take the whole 'I'm going to be a father' news as well as I portrayed to you.My mind was cloudy and I made a big stupid mistake with Anitta. It was so early in our relationship that I didn't want to say anything about it.You already hated me a bit because of the whole Belinda thing so I didn't want to ruin my chances with you even more. It never happened again,I swear I've been loyal the whole time after that mistake.That was a one time thing." 

My brain tried to be logical and process all that he had just said but heart couldn't help but to melt a bit at how emotional he was.A stream of tears stained his cheeks he inched closer to me and wrapped his arms around my torso. He rested his head on the side of stomach as he continued to beg for my forgiveness.

I refrained from running my hand through his hair and forgive him instantly as my heart urged me to do. The logical side of me was still disappointed at the fact that he felt the need to keep this away from me and lie in the process.

"Lou" he said,his chin now resting on my stomach as he turned his face up to face me. I avoided eye contact until I finally caved and was drawn into his teary light brown eyes. "I'm sorry. Hurting you is my biggest regret and I hope you can forgive me for it. Take as long as you want,ok" he said,sincerely.

Without thinking,my hand made its way to his face and gently wiped away his tears. But I didn't give him a response. I was filled with mixed reactions. My mind told me to just end the relation as I didn't want a repeat of my past relationship but my heart forgave him and reminded me that he was the father of my unborn child,and it wasn't in my best interest to not have him in our life. I ultimately decided that it was best that I thought about this for a while to which he agreed.

I watched as he stood up and made his way out the guest bedroom,but not before turning to give me a sad look highlighted my the frown on his face.

"Come back to our room,please baby" he said,eyeing the much smaller room that I had took over for the past few days.

"No thanks" I said,shaking my head slightly. He let out a sad sigh but I was sure that he knew what my response was going to be. With that he closed the door on his way out leaving me to be consumed in my thoughts.