Chapter 40

"Louisa. Get this through your head. No more fuckboys"

I groaned as I covered my head with my pillow to drown out Zayn's lecture and/or suffocate. To say that I was embarrassed was to say the least. It was bad enough that I hooked up with him drunk and couldn't even remember what happened in the morning, but the fact that I hooked up with him when he was obviously involved with some chick I didn't even know left me ashamed and embarrassed of my myself.

Zayn gripped the pillow and with one tug I was able to breathe fresh air again, much to my disappointment.

"Are you even listening to me?" he said, throwing the pillow down and folding his arms.

I shook my head which prompted him to take up the pillow and smack me with it.

"Was that really necessary?" I asked, glaring at him.

"Completely. You need some sense knocked into you"

As if I didn't feel bad about my situation already, Zayn was here to remind me of all the screw up decisions I've made.

"You need to purge these two guys out of your life Lou. They're not healthy for you and frankly, they don't deserve you. You've been faithful this whole time and all they've done was screw you over , more than once might I add. And I'm not gonna let this happen anymore." Zayn said as he smacked me again with the pillow.

He was right. These toxic relationships have contributed greatly to my degrading mental health. It was as if I could no longer attain happiness, no matter how hard I tried. It was becoming a cycle; one bad relationship replaced by another.

" Yeah you're right," I said, sighing. I burrowed my head in my hands as I tried to stop the tears from flowing. Zayn grabbed my hands and pulled them away from my face.
He placed each hand at the side of my cheek. His thumb wiped a tear which aimlessly wandered down my face.

"This is a new leaf. This won't be a repeat of when you said you changed and got a tattoo and all that shit, but still kept those two toxic people on your life. That's not a new start, that's a continuation of the chapter with a minor plot twist. You're gonna do it right this time" Zayn continued to wipe the tears that fell as one of his hands made its way to play in my hair.

And once again, Zayn was right. I wrapped my arms tightly around his torso to which he returned the gesture.

I could comfortably say that Zayn was the only non-screw up thing in my life. In fact, I don't know where I would be right now if I hadn't met him in the club that might in the club.

"So what are we gonna do today?" Zayn asked, his voice muffled by my hair.

"Sleep" I said instinctively. He reached an arm down and slapped me on my butt.

"Let's try this again. What do you wanna do today Lou?" I pulled my head away from his chest and then looked up at him.

I thought long and hard about what I wanted to do which didn't involve sleeping or basking in my sorrows. He realized my predicament so he decided to help out a bit.

"How about," he paused for a moment, obviously lacking ideas as well, " how about, we redecorate"

I gave him a long stare before looking around at my room. It was sad to say that as creative as I was, I had done nothing to personalize this apartment. It was basically still in its default settings.

"Cause I don't think you really like these prison grey walls, " He said, justifying his idea.

After fighting my laziness and depression I eventually said yes. I slowly got out of the bed and made my way to the bathroom with Zayn watching my every move, making sure that I didn't start to have second thoughts.

20 minutes had passed before I finally finished my hygiene routine. I exited the bathroom, clad in only my towel and I began to think about what outfit I was going to wear. I carefully scanned through the closet and I spotted a two-piece, paisley romper that I hadn't worn in ages.

"Oh thank God, you're dressed," Zayn said as he stepped through my bedroom door. His eyes scanned my outfit and a small smirk appeared on his face.

"Why didn't you tell me you were wearing a romper, we could've been twinning today," he said, jokingly, with a small pout on his face. I gave into the urge to laugh at his silliness as I remembered the pictures of the new male romper trend. He too soon joined in the laughter, clutching his side.

"But you do look hot though," he said, once our laughter died. He gave me a quick wink and a slap on the ass.

"Oh stop" I said as I twirled around and struck a pose. Zayn wolf whistled and fanned me with his hands.

"Muy caliente"