02 Battles

As the coven of vampires charged towards their neighbors direction, the sounds of werewolves could be heard.

Brooke felt a sense of panic overtake her being as her beatless heart dropped.

She didn't understand what was happening but continued to push on towards the sound of battle.

As they exited the forest and came upon a vast meadow she could clearly make out the figures of vampires and werewolves battling against each other.

She waited as the rest of her covens warriors sped past her and into the ongoing battle.

Brooke knew that upon one touch any attacker would be completely defenseless to her.

She was gifted, which was not that common. Upon the first skin to skin contact Brooke would instantly know every single thing about that person, their weaknesses, darkest secrets, most treacherous thoughts. Her eyes were definitely the key to her soul, as they changed color with her mood.

Brooke quickly tugged her rubber gloves off of her hands and sped into battle.

Werewolves were everywhere and as many vampires as there were it seemed as if there were double the amount of werewolves.

She noticed two wolves surrounding a young vampire girl. Brooke didn't need to know this girl's secrets, her face told it all.

The girl was a hatchling, barely reaching maturity. Her brows furrowed in distress and sweat lined her hairline.

Brooke didn't waste any time as she ran towards the two wolves. She leaped on top of both werewolves and placed her hand on either one.

She winced as her brain took in all their information.

In less than a second Brooke knew their weaknesses and quickly made her way back to the ground as the two wolves turned on her.

She quickly assessed the situation as the wolves bared their teeth at her and stepped forward.

They were of average werewolf size. The one on the right was an auburn color, while the one on the left was a light blonde.

Relying on her gift she racked her brain for their weakness.

The auburn one had a weak spot behind his right ear, which if pressed down on hard enough would either kill him or knock him out cold.

The blonde one seemed to have no physical weaknesses.

Brooke quickly leapt onto the auburn one, going straight for it's right ear. She took her thumb and pressed it against his weak spot as hard as she could. He gave out a yelp of surprise and pain as he fell unconscious, but alive, to the ground.

She jumped off him and turned towards the other wolf.

He looked at her with shock written in its light brown eyes.

Her chest was suddenly full of pain, which only lasted a second and then was gone.

Images of a man with brown hair and light brown eyes flashed through her mind. Along with it came images of a beautiful girl with red hair and lovely green eyes.

This was the part she hated. She had let her guard down and now she was receiving images of the blonde wolf with his mate. She quickly put her shield back up and was going to charge the wolf when she was suddenly thrown across the meadow to land with an 'oomph' against a large bulky tree.

She looked up to see that a dark black wolf with dark blue eyes was charging her.

She quickly jumped to her feet and lunged to the right, causing the wolf to abruptly stop so that he wouldn't smash into the tree.

He quickly turned towards her and charged once again.

That was when she noticed that this wolf was bigger than the others, definitely a beta.

She leaped into the air as he ran under her.

Before he could pass entirely she turned herself around and landed on his back.

He growled at this and tried everything in his power to throw her off.

Before she could grip onto him he grabbed her hand with his mouth and tugged roughly.

Brooke let out a loud scream as her leather jacket tore, along with her skin.

She landed on the ground, and the wolf stood over her, baring his teeth and snarling.

She was completely trapped under his frame. He snapped at her and she turned her face to the side.

She could feel his hot breath on her cheek. She peeked one eye open and saw him get ready to go in for the kill, but a loud thundering snarl stopped him.

He looked up and his eyes widened before he practically threw himself off her.

'What the hell?' she thought as she completely opened her eyes and jumped to her feet.

She had no idea what was going on, but she was about to find out.

She turned to see that the once ongoing battle was completely frozen, every werewolf was somehow on the left and every vampire on the right. The wolf that had previously been attacking her made his way towards the group of werewolves.

'What was going on here? '

The group of werewolves seemed to split in half like the red sea, and a giant silver wolf stared walking down the path towards me.

Something about this wolf made Brooke squirm, and that was a very hard task.

She shakily made her way from the Wolf's paws up to his muscular legs, past his chest and finally to his eyes.

She gasped in shock as her eyes met with his own light brown ones.

The same sensation that she felt when she first entered the meadow filled her, as if her lifeless heart had dropped.

There was only one word that came to mind, one treacherous, life altering, dangerous word.

Beloved.

~•~

Chapter 2!

My thanks to anyone who is giving this story a chance.

*Unedited*