11 Awake

Brooke watched eagerly as Amanda jumped on a nearby deer. She tried her best to restrain herself from killing right then and there.

Amanda snapped the deer's neck and stepped away.

Brooke took that as her cue. She had her fangs in the deer's neck in under a second.

Amanda looked away and Brooke couldn't help but feel disgusted at what she had to do. After she was finished Amanda gave her a napkin and she hastily wiped the blood away. She did not want to remember her newest kill.

"Why don't you keep your gloves off?" Amanda asked they began their walk back.

"It's not very pleasant having a person's entire identity run through your system." Brooke said as she pulled the gloves more securely on her hands.

Amanda nodded as she looked forward. Brooke sighed and knew the small talk had come to an end.

The rest of the walk back home was in silence.

Home.

Brooke surprised herself when she thought of the giant house as her home.

Brooke had only one home and she was ripped away from it when she was 17.

But now she thought that maybe, this new place could be a new home to her as well.

When they entered Amanda visibly stiffened. Brooke watched as Amanda let out a low warning growl.

Brooke was on high alert now and quickly listened for heartbeats.

There were many more than the first night that she had been here. The rest of the pack was still here.

She resorted to her sense of smell and immediately knew why Amanda had growled.

There was a human, but they smelled of Hunter blood. The scent was coming from the way to the makeshift hospital.

Brooke let out a growl of her own and sped her way to Aiden's hospital room.

She stood in the doorway and let out a hiss of anger at the scene before her.

There was the human she had smelled.

He was leaning over her beloved, whispering something.

When her hiss rang through the room he whipped around to face her, eyes wide with shock.

Brooke let out a fierce growl and felt her nails grow from anger as her eyes turned red.

The human/hunter started to slowly move. Brooke was about to launch herself at him, but stopped herself when she noticed he was moving away from Aiden. Her eyes returned to normal as her nails shrunk.

Curiosity got the best of her.

"Who are you? " Brooke questioned as she walked in front of Aiden and took a protective stance.

"Armando Vasquez." he replied.

Brooke took in his black hair and brown eyes. His jaw line was defined nicely and his skin was a light shade of brown.

"What are you, and why are you here? " she said, clearly irritated that he had not said anything about that.

He smiled slightly before answering.

"I was bred to be a hunter, but circumstances have made my occupation change. I am here because I hear you have my friend." he said leaning against the wall and crossing his arms over his well defined chest.

His friend? What friend of his could we, and then it clicked.

Emelia.

"How come you haven't been caught? " she continued with her questions.