03 Aiden Smith

Impossible.

How could this happen?

He was a werewolf and she was a vampire, this was so not happening right now.

So many thoughts were running through Brooke's mind, and the only thing that seemed to make sense was the fact that a gigantic silver wolf had stopped in front of her, merely feet away.

She couldn't stop herself from looking into his eyes. They were this beautiful brown, and usually Brooke hated the color brown, it reminded her of dirt and dirt reminded her of funerals.

But on him, she loved this brown.

What was wrong with her? She shouldn't be thinking like this, his kind were the reason why she was what she was.

She broke eye contact and didn't miss the light growl that followed her action.

She took a step back and looked out to her coven members.

They looked anywhere but her, and with a hard realization, she knew that they had connected the dots.

Her eyes glazed over as her coven members sped away, leaving her behind, leaving her with this monstrous wolf.

Barlem was the only one left. He looked at her with sadness in his eyes. Barlem had been there for Brooke since the beginning, and it hurt her that he was just going to leave her there, alone.

He nodded and was gone before Brooke could process it.

Cracks filled the air and Brooke knew that the wolves had phased back to their human form.

She kept up her emotionless façade as she scanned the group of wolves. They all had clothes on, perhaps their clothes didn't shred when they phased, or they just randomly had clothes on their person.

Her eyes rested upon a certain pair of people. It was the lovely redhead and brunette she had seen, the beta and his mate. The girl held Brooke's gaze, which caused Brooke to feel a sense of respect towards her. Before she could do anymore inspecting a very beautiful man stepped in her line of vision.

If she had a breath to be caught in her throat, it would be.

This man was the most beautiful creature Brooke had ever seen, and that was saying something since she was centuries old.

He was lean and well built. His jaw line was sharp and she felt that if someone touched it, their finger would most certainly get cut. He had a light stubble forming, but it only added to his beauty. His cheekbones were high and as she inspected every aspect of him, she noticed that he had flecks of gold in his beautiful brown eyes.

"Mate." he growled out. She heard a few feminine gasps and growls in response.

His voice was husky from the previous battle, and she couldn't help the feelings she got from it.

He took a step towards her and she felt her fingers twitch.

They were bare. She quickly grabbed gloves and slipped them onto her hands.

Knowing everything about a person wasn't a good thing, and she most certainly did not want to know this man's everything. Especially if there was something bad.

He raised his perfect brow in curiosity at her actions.

"Xavier, take the pack back to the pack house, I'll return later. " he said and I saw the brunette from my earlier experience nod and they all quickly phased into their Wolf forms. The ground was free of any shredded clothes, she had been correct earlier with her assumption that their clothes didn't shred when they phased.

"What is your name?" he questioned as he took a step towards her.

Just his voice made her heart flutter. Her lifeless heart was fluttering, how strange.

"Brooke." she said, her voice strong and void of emotion.

"How ironic, my mate being my enemy." he chuckled to himself, shaking his head.

"So is this the part where you reject me?" Brooke asked as she put a hand on her hip trying not to show how much those words hurt her.

His eyes snapped up to her own. He advanced towards her and stopped when he was only a foot away.

"No, I'm not going to reject you, vampire, you're mine in every way. Pretty soon you'll be begging me to do everything with you, and that's a promise." he said with a smirk playing on his lips.

"Promises can be easily broken." Brooke said as she held her chin high.

He quickly closed the space between the two, grabbing her chin in an incredibly hard grasp. She almost winced at the pain. She knew there was a chance she'd have a bruise tomorrow. Being gifted wasn't always a good thing. Vampires who were gifted were much more vulnerable to pain. Anything that didn't cause severe damage stayed, like bruises or small cuts.

"Not this one, I don't reject you, but I sure as hell don't accept you." he started off, his grip tightening. Her eyes turned a dark blue color, meaning pain of the physical kind.

"Gifted little vampire." he said tilting his head to the side.

"You will live with me and if you run I will find you." he finished as he roughly let go of her chin.

She was too stunned to say anything for a moment. This was so not what was supposed to happen when she found her mate, this was horrid, he was horrid.

He was beautiful on the outside but hideous on the inside.

"I'm Aiden Smith, alpha of the Silver Moon pack. Follow along." he said as he turned and started walking away from her.

She wasn't just some dog, no that was him.

"You are horrid." she said.

'Really out of everything you choose that?'

He stopped and turned around to face her. His eyes held anger.

"And your an immortal creature who sucks blood out of things to survive." he spat with venom.

She flinched at his words and cast her eyes to the ground.

He was right, she was immortal, and she did need blood to survive.

"I know. " Brooke said as she looked into his eyes. Her eyes turned a light blue, meaning pain of the emotional kind. She saw something change in his expression but it was gone as quick as it came.

He clenched his jaw and turned around starting to walk away.

Brooke stood there for a minute, she could just run, he didn't want her anyway. She shook her head and turned in the other direction.

There was no way she was going to stay with this horrid wolf. Her arm had been healed leaving behind a faint red mark, it shouldn't slow her down.

She glanced behind her to see Aiden still walking away. She didn't miss a beat as she quickly sped away, hearing a loud growl erupt only seconds later.

~•~

Thoughts on the happy couple?

Don't forget to vote and comment!

*unedited*